Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Tips for a friend?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  coonskinner 
#1 ·
ok end of last summer before bow season my buddy jumped on the bowfishin band wagon with me. he has yet to nail anything since he started, he loves just gettin to shoot at the fish, but you can tell hes gettin antsy, hes gettin a setup soon, but i let him shoot with mine once i get a fish ( pretty much the reason why im only gettin one fish each time we go out) so i guess my question is besides gettin on more fish to shoot at to learn his judgement of aim, is there anything he can do in his spare time to practice?

#2 ·
Fishing shallow water where you don't have to compensate for depth is a good starting point, and a good confidence builder as well. Could always practice by submerging balloons or bottles in the water and shooting at them. I have also seen actual bowfishing targets online. Goodluck to you both this year!

#4 ·
Fishing shallow water where you don't have to compensate for depth is a good starting point, and a good confidence builder as well. Could always practice by submerging balloons or bottles in the water and shooting at them. I have also seen actual bowfishing targets online. Goodluck to you both this year!
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

#5 ·
thanks guys, found those targets you were talkin about, only had the gar ones but i think im gonna set something up in the pond across the street with some 20 oz. pop bottles, sounds like the cheapest way to go to get him on track. havent seen any sittin in the shallows of the rivers yet, so until we do the bottles should give him an idea.:thumbs_up: appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.