Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dealing with a couple fields we use for foodplots that need to be tiled. Anyone out there know of anyone in NE Ohio that could perform this work?

thanks,
DD

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am pretty sure most farmers do it there selves. I would stop and ask one. I believe on somewhere on 193. A field is being done. At least it was a month ago

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
What county? I just got a list of contractors that perform that service from the Portage County Soil and Water District office. We're looking at doing this for some horse pasture.

·
22,521 Posts
Similar question-

Anyone know of anyone who repairs tiled drainage lines or un-clogs them> Specifically 12" lines. My father has an issue with his that drains a county culvert that's on a adjacent property that runs thru his property.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Similar question-

Anyone know of anyone who repairs tiled drainage lines or un-clogs them> Specifically 12" lines. My father has an issue with his that drains a county culvert that's on a adjacent property that runs thru his property.
Roto-Rooter has a commercial division that can handle some bigger stuff.

DD
There isn't many farmers that have the equipment to tile fields. I know of one here in Ashtabula but I would guess its going to cost you alot just to get them there. They probably laugh at anything under ten acres.

Get a back blade and create your own drainages.

·
22,521 Posts
Roto-Rooter has a commercial division that can handle some bigger stuff.
Thanks Beaston-I have them coming out Friday to take a look, but I wanted to see if anyone else was out there. The county has fixed it in the past when an issue came up, but they are dragging their feet this time, and it's not making my 85 year old father a happy camper. He has about 1200' of it that the county installed in 1972.

·
7,173 Posts
Anyone doing tile work is very busy right now. Finding someone to do a small job might be tough.

You can try Sweet Meadow Farm Drainage near Alliance (330) 938-3136

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bower Tiling Service, Inc

1912 W. McPherson Hwy.

Clyde, OH, 43410

Phone 419-547-9413

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would be for Geauga/ Ashtabula counties. What is the name and number of the Ashtabula farmer that does this type of work. I could probably give him 10 acres to do.
thanks,
DD

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This would be for Geauga/ Ashtabula counties. What is the name and number of the Ashtabula farmer that does this type of work. I could probably give him 10 acres to do.
thanks,
DD
I worked for him when I was a youngster and didn't know he was still in business.

CUNNINGHAM FARM DRAINAGE
Tom Cunningham
1348 Dodgeville Road
Rome
Oh44085
New Lyme (440) 294-2286

AND

BRITTON FARM DRAINAGE
•Farm Drainage • Land Clearing • Excavation • Gas Line Installation • Straw •Dewatering • Highway Underdrain

(440) 293-7972 (440) 862-2132 Cell
Gary Britton • Tim Britton
1852 Dodgeville Road Jefferson, Oh 44047

1 - 11 of 11 Posts