close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

thoughts on bond arms handgun

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Firearms' started by UNCLEMIKE, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Anyone familiar with the bond arms double barrel hand guns?

2. I'm not sure what you're asking about. Quality? reliability? Application? Defense?

I don't mean to start a fight on the interwebs, but it's a Derringer. A Derringer is normally used as a small very up-close defensive weapon. But it's 100 year old tech. Meaning....it's two shots. That limitation has been done away with decades ago.

If someone is looking for a defensive weapon, this (in my opinion) would be near the bottom of the list. To me, it's more of a novelty gun.

3. Thanks guys. I saw it advertised on this site and saw an infomercial on the hunting channel. I thought I was missing something that would make me want one.

4. It is a good truck gun or taking a hike in the woods pistol. 45/410 works great on snakes or smaller critters. As far as protection, it is a good backup. 2 rounds of .357 is nothing to scoff at.

5. Snakes have a tough life....if they had legs, I suspect no one would enter the woods....too scary.

I passed on a High Standard .22 magnum deringer long about 1970.
    I thought it would be just the ticket...for what, I never knew but, I wanted it.
    Passed on it in a fit of sanity and....I still don't know why I thought it the ticket.
    One of those unanswered prayers about which one hears.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017