Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

THEY’RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

611 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  HunterGKS 
#1 ·
On the way to lunch today, I went to check on the eagle’s nest. As I got closer, I thought I saw something sitting on the 2nd nest deeper into the woods. I pulled off the road checking the front nest, which was empty. I walked back through the woods &, sure enough, there was a baldy sitting on the nest with its back to me. This was the 1st time I have seen them use this nest. I looked a little too the left & there was a bird sitting in the top of another tree. I was able to get a couple of pics before it took wing. I tried to get more pics of the bird on the wing but it was pretty tough to get good shots with all the limbs & branches in the way. I was pleasantly pleased with how well these few did turn out.

A few weeks ago, I though I saw some white back by the deeper nest but nothing I could say for sure was an eagle. I would guess, now, that it probably was an eagle. I do wonder why they moved from the front nest, where they have raised there young for several years, to the back nest. From what I can tell, the front nest is still in good shape. I’m not sure how often I’ll check on the nest as it’s a pain to get close enough for pics.

Sky Plant Branch Twig Organism

Plant Twig Branch Vegetation Woody plant

On the way home, I went past a pond where I usually see at least 1 pair of geese. This is the 1st time there has been only 1 bird. The rest must be late arrivals.

Water Bird Vertebrate Neck Beak

See less See more
Reactions: bankfish
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.