close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

There's a reason they make rules

Discussion in 'Outdoor News' started by RRmike, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Grizzly bear kills hiker in Denali National Park

http://news.yahoo.com/grizzly-bear-kills-hiker-denali-national-park-201927091.html

"Prior to receiving a permit to hike in the area, all backpackers in the park receive mandatory bear awareness training that teaches them to stay at least a quarter-mile away from bears, and to slowly back away if they find themselves any closer. Investigators confirmed that the hiker had received that training."

I guess some people just think that it won't happen to them. Sad...

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  2. some think they can go up and be friends with them...:D

3. It's a shame they had to put the bear down; the only reason I see for having this "rule" is to protect the bears, not the people.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. or hikers without a big enough gun...:D

5. Not allowed to carry in National Parks, I believe.

6. Pretty sure they changed that.

7. By the way, did any of you know that the UN has jurisdiction over most of our national parks?

8. How did that ever happen? This world is on the way out

9. Ask your guvment.
    The real reason is folks pay very little attention to what's actually going on. If you haven't noticed, I sometimes post things and get made fun of. People live in a false reality. If you try to make them see or ask "what's that all about", it's usually too disturbing for them. Folks would rather believe a lie they've been told a thousand times rather than the ugly truth they've been told once. It's not entirely their fault though. The folks in charge do one hell of a job keeping them uninformed.
    Question the Narrative.

10. Don't ask how, ask WHY?

11. Exactly. Before long they will control our gun rights also. America is no longer run by Americans. No one to blame but ourselves.

12. IMO, you should be aloud to carry anywhere, including national parks. Whats the point in bein aloud to have a concealed carry permit if you cant take it to the places youll most likely need it?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

13. I believe it never was. It's been a grand illusion.

14. According to the Constitution, you shouldn't need permission.