Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybuddy ever go...it really looks like a neat place...jack hanna claimed a guy caught over 20 bass over 5#in one outing at one of the ponds...:D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Are you talking about The Wilds south of Zanesville ?? If so, I was there a long time ago, probably close to 15 years. It is a wildlife sanctuary, they run tours through the area to view the wildlife. It was actually something neat to see. The land was donated from AEP, and is real close to the AEP Recreation lands. I dont think they would let you fish the ponds inside, because most are inhabited by white rhino's, don't think you would want to hook one of them.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can fish the ponds while animals drink from them...i just seen a wilds special on onn by jack hanna...:Dit appears they have these lil bass tracker boats and you can only fish from them...it also showed people hand feeding rhinos and giraffs...:D

·
Registered
740 Posts
you can fish the ponds while animals drink from them...i just seen a wilds special on onn by jack hanna...:Dit appears they have these lil bass tracker boats and you can only fish from them...it also showed people hand feeding rhinos and giraffs...:D
I'm sure they have changed it quite a bit since I went there. My kids were little when I went, heck I have a grandson now, so it has definitely been awhile. I really enjoyed going through it though, when you first go in they opened this big gate where the animals are fenced in, it felt like I was entering Jurasic Park. The whole area just looks like you are driving through the AEP Rec. lands, with all the ponds and the landscape. I have heard that it has been built up even more since I went.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I was at the wilds a couple years ago. It is pretty cool, but pricey. Fishing is NOT part of the tour. I understand that you can make arrangements to fish, but it is a separate (significant) charge.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
We went there when I went to Hocking and we helped them with a few things But when people had there heads turned some of the guys would look and find Morals.. LOL

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought they said fishing was part of the cabin package...200 per night...but boats my need rented...according to hannah the fishing is best in ohio and hannah is a big time fisherman...:D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
We made a road trip to the Wilds late last summer and had a very good time,well worth the drive and money.The open air busses are the best way to go.you can get some good pics in one.they have a great zip line course it you're into those.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dang jeffmo do they play baseball too:mischeif:...nice pics...from what i gather it does sound like a really good time...i guess the zip line covers a mile and you stop at elevated platforms along the way where you can view animals ...the open air tour seems the way to go...unless one preferrs air conditioning...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts