Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these are deer wendy sees in granville almost every day...i've seen em several times...seems usually theres 5...but we've seen more...so we call em the granville 5...heres a pic wendy took on her way home...the deer here just love the flowers and shrubs in granville...:D

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
We have a mamma with twins in our neighborhood, looks just like them.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
My buddy Steve has been hunting the urban archery deal in granville since its inception...He has wacked some BIG ones..
Here is a trail cam pic of one..

He let his buddy hunt a stand one day,and guess who got a shot at him..
Steve is on the right

Steve ended up with a nice buck still.I wil have to find a pic of it

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we dont see many bucks with the granville 5 but just go up the hill from there and wahoo...seen some real nice uns...:D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Steve doesn't look to happy lol..
The woman he lived there was...That buck was being oddly aggressive in the off season.At times he would not allow her out of the house or off the porch etc...Game warden wanted him taken as early as july(bow only of course)...Steve had a shot at him an missed...

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The woman he lived there was...That buck was being oddly aggressive in the off season.At times he would not allow her out of the house or off the porch etc...Game warden wanted him taken as early as july(bow only of course)...Steve had a shot at him an missed...
hmmm why didnt the gw pop him...:mischeif:

·
Registered
102 Posts
since ya'll are talking bout granville. i was looking into applying for the urban hunts there too. ive checked out everything online and seems like they have a good turn out of hunters. hows the deer harvest been within the program the past few years, the bucks above seem to be a good sign, or is it just over run with flat heads? no big difference either way, just need some meat for the freezer!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
since ya'll are talking bout granville. i was looking into applying for the urban hunts there too. ive checked out everything online and seems like they have a good turn out of hunters. hows the deer harvest been within the program the past few years, the bucks above seem to be a good sign, or is it just over run with flat heads? no big difference either way, just need some meat for the freezer!
i doan believe i ever seen a buck in town but i believe wendy has seen some good ones...theyre always eating flowers and shrubs when she goes thru there...theyre grazing on the athletic fields...usually around the recycling center and back into town...theyre prolly somewhat tame...:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
reminds me of when i was working in mt vernon. crazy amount of urban's there.
Very true ...deer are walking all over coshocton ave. In the early morning ...I haven't heard of anybuddy complaining about it ...:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are no deer in Granville. They are just an urban myth. I'm looking out my window right now and there isn't a deer to be seen.
;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts