close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Chase Is Over/Halloween Buck

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by bradley4, Oct 31, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

Finally, the buck I have been wanting this whole summer. First off this is not the biggest buck on my farm, but it has meaning to me. I have passed numerous deer bigger than this this year just for the shear fact that I wanted this deer in my hands.

Well, I started off by getting in the stand around 3pm. I got into my best stand on the farm as it calls for a East wind for me to hunt it. I've hunted this stand 3 times this year so far..one of which I killed a doe on very first sit. Typically I've been seeing 20+ deer a night, but for some spooky reason I only seen 5 tonight. So as I sit there scrolling through facebook this little 6 point comes in around 5pm. after he decided he had enough to eat he moseyed off. Around 6:15ish a big spike come trolling by with a little doe in tow. They fed for bit then wandered off. Right at about 6:40ish I had a deer coming from behind me under my stand. I payed no attention to what it was as I seen a buck coming down the hill towards me. I could not figure out if this was the big one or not but I decided this is the one that has my heart pumping and this is the one that tells myself this is the one meant for me. So he steps out at about 30 yards and I decide that it's now or never as legal shooting light was dwindling down. I shot and I hear the infamous THWACK and knew it was all over for him. He mule kicked and ran 45 yards and plopped over. Its rewarding to put hours upon hours of feeding, scouting, and strategizing a plan together only to watch it Pay off! There's nothing more rewarding. God is good, people.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016

2. God is great!!!! I hit my knees on the way in Everytime!! I rarely make it church especially this time of year but I pray Everytime I'm out in my " church" as Stephanie calls it!!! That's a great buck man and the one you were ment to have it sounds like!!! Good job, way to go!!!

3. Congrats on your buck. Like the wide rack.

4. Oh yeah, that is one to be proud of! Congrats!!

5. Beautiful buck. Congrats. Always want to hunt Halloween night but with kids I'm always doing family things.

6. Maggie

Maggie Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Nice job! Congratulations!

7. Awesome buck. Congrats

8. Congratulations! Awesome 'Trick or Treat' buck! :)

9. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin Mod

Very nice. I never seem to get my target buck.