close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The bat house...

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by coonskinner, Aug 27, 2012.

1. seen this thang on the wayne that resembled a large deer stand on legs...it was maybe 20'high with windows and slots on all sides...but i found it strange the only way in was the floor...i mean the entire floor opened up...it had two large doors that appeared to swing downward when opened...i wondered how anybuddy could get in without a floor...dint make a lick of sense and why would it be on the wnf...went back a week later and showed it to a guy scoutin with me...low an behold there was an addition...right in front was a lil sign explaining what it was...it was put up by the wnf people ...it was for the brown bat...i looked into the slits in the side and seen somethang bout as big as a mouse,brn in color...maybe it was one...the building was very well constructed and cemented into the ground...i kinda thought it was a wildlife observation station...:biggrin:

2. Sounds like it would make a nice shooting platform for someone. Might disturb the bats so that would be unacceptable to the establishment I assume.

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

3. They better bring a big ladder ...:D