1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checkin in!!

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Checking in I will be hunting fairfield county.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
I spent the morning in the woods saw 6 toms 4 Jakes and a handfull of hens. I think it is going to be a good year

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Likewise, I'm seeing a lot of birds, Last three mornings have been pretty quiet at first light. I sent a message to both our team mates, hopefully they will check in soon, or we'll be looking for some replacements:eek:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Checking in and ready to go. Went out last weekend and heard 6 different birds, all within chasing distance. Going out again tomorrow to do some more scouting. Cant wait for it to get here, Ive got the fever like in a real bad way.

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK alwayshuntn! welcome to the crew! Got any ideas on names?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmmmmm, hook hunters, beard busters, date breakers, waddle wrecker, one of my all time favorites, Black beards. See if I can find anything else.....
Went out again this morning, didnt hear but two birds, of which neither one was on the property that I can hunt. Kinda windy, and wet, so hopefully I have enough recon for next weekend and the following week. Took the first week of season off to see if I cant take me a bird. Good luck everyone, lets show these boys how its done!!

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
I'm fine with any name. I think its going to be a good season I sat out last night and over the course of an hour had 3 toms walk within 20 yards hopefully this will be the year I get one with a bow

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
You guys are all checked in. If you want a team name let me know.

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone else taking any youth out? I've got one hunt for the youth season and another for the second weekend of season. I hunt Tuscarawas County, fortunately I can walk out the back door for most of my hunting.

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
I will be taking at least one out it will be his first turkey hunt...he shot a big 8 this year for his first deer so hopefully his luck continues

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're on the board! Took my youth hunter out, we picked the right field to set on and at 7:00 Tucker put the smack down on a 23# 5 oz gobbler with a 11 1/2 inch beard and 1 inch spurs!!

DSCN1840.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Well couldn't get it done with my youth hunter had a nice bird at 40 yds but he hung up on me I will get him back out next weekend good luck guys

·
5,049 Posts
On the board again! Had a lonesome gobbler this morning, it was all over by 6:35! Weather wasn't too bad, little windy and just spittin a little rain. Was back in the house by 7:30. 10 3/4 on the beard and 1 1/8 on the spurs. He only weighed 18# 13 oz. Hit him with a load of Federal Heavyweight #7's and he didn't even flop! Shot was about 35 yards.
DSCN1871.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
Great job. I went out and heard a couple in the distance nothing close going to get some lunch and head to another property and see whats going on

·
Registered
95 Posts
Been at it last couple days, not to much going on, heading back to a property that has always been good to me, hope something breaks cause time is ticking for me. NICE JOB BAWANA!! Good luck to everyone else!!

·
Super Moderator
1,408 Posts
I got one this morning as well 11" beard 1" spurs 21-1/2 pounds. First bird I have had a crack at all week

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great job guys we're on a roll!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts