Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hunted on my property Saturday evening. Got setup about 1:30pm and settled in. The wind was gusting pretty good. I setup on a bench halfway up the hill which I knew was risky with the wind. At 3pm a little basket rack came down from above to the bench I was on but about 40 yards caught a swirl of wind that sent him right back up. I was a little disheartened but that soon changed because by 4pm I seen an 8 point I’ve had on camera moving down the hill from me 40 yards from where I parked!! I attempted to grunt but he had non of it and kept moving. I proceeded to have does work down the hill the rest of the evening so I thought there might be a chance a buck would swing on by and check them out. Now about 10 min till end time I seen the same buck cruise the opposite was on the same trail by my truck. I slipped out of there and will be back this up coming weekend.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
That place has changed so much since the park district took ownership of it . Great video once again and I’m disappointed your crew didn’t see more of what that place used to be back when it was privately owned and the ag fields were planted. Odd the corn sat and wasn’t eaten in that month you were there but with the acorn crop this year I’m sure a lot of bait has sat at idle . You guys seemed to concentrate on the bottle neck between the two fields did you happen to walk any or all of the woods from the road back to that bottle neck ? Not sure if the telephone pole still gets used but the one leading into that section of woods got hit several seasons in a row back in the day by a buck my buddy called wide glide . He never did connect with that buck but what used to run those woods regularly back then seemed to evidently found greener pasture unfortunately… keep the videos coming brother the kids really enjoy all of them and the fact that Luke was in this one made my second oldest happy as can be .

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That place has changed so much since the park district took ownership of it . Great video once again and I’m disappointed your crew didn’t see more of what that place used to be back when it was privately owned and the ag fields were planted. Odd the corn sat and wasn’t eaten in that month you were there but with the acorn crop this year I’m sure a lot of bait has sat at idle . You guys seemed to concentrate on the bottle neck between the two fields did you happen to walk any or all of the woods from the road back to that bottle neck ? Not sure if the telephone pole still gets used but the one leading into that section of woods got hit several seasons in a row back in the day by a buck my buddy called wide glide . He never did connect with that buck but what used to run those woods regularly back then seemed to evidently found greener pasture unfortunately… keep the videos coming brother the kids really enjoy all of them and the fact that Luke was in this one made my second oldest happy as can be .
Yes we hunted the bottleneck, the east woods just didn’t hold much sign. The lack of ag was very present.

And yeah finally got Luke in a video, he’s been doing a lot of duck hunting and doesn’t film it cuz the weathers usually real bad.

We got a great video coming up tomorrow from WV. Truly one special trip this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Well the quick version of this morning is up and attem 5 am get my daughter up and ready hop in the truck and head to the farm
Get settled in at exactly 6:49 and at 7:11 she pulled the trigger. It happened so fast and I’m so proud of her she did great she’s put a lot of time in with me on stand with a bow trying to seal the deal
Well things finally worked out for her and she’s been smiling ear to ear all day
Been a great year so far and lots of time left I’ll still be out for gun and see about dropping a doe
But if the kids are with me they get priority as I haven’t enjoyed hunting as much as I have this season with the kids
Good luck team still lots of time to put one or two down heading out for the evening

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Congrats to her that's awesome! That's a really nice doe to boot!
She’s super excited and hooked for life she’s put in a lot of time with me in the woods and finally it pays off . Taking her back out in the morning if the rains hold out see if she can’t do it again. Unfortunately my other two just don’t have the passion for the woods like she does

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Good luck tomorrow team hopefully everyone can get out and enjoy the gun opener. As always I’ll be out looks like we may have some snow on the ground for Monday will see what happens my daughter is excited to go and everything is ready again good luck to all and hopefully success happens for everyone and at a minimum freezer fillers are dropped . Got a guy set up for his first hunt later in the week on a farm that’s yet to be hunted curious to see what he makes happen as a few nice bucks have been seen …. Only wild card is the Amish surround that farm so if the deer decides to venture it might be game over for the guy I set up but will see he’s still learning. Again I wish everyone going a safe and successful hunt during the gun season

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good luck tomorrow team hopefully everyone can get out and enjoy the gun opener. As always I’ll be out looks like we may have some snow on the ground for Monday will see what happens my daughter is excited to go and everything is ready again good luck to all and hopefully success happens for everyone and at a minimum freezer fillers are dropped . Got a guy set up for his first hunt later in the week on a farm that’s yet to be hunted curious to see what he makes happen as a few nice bucks have been seen …. Only wild card is the Amish surround that farm so if the deer decides to venture it might be game over for the guy I set up but will see he’s still learning. Again I wish everyone going a safe and successful hunt during the gun season
Thanks and best of luck to you!! I am working a bunch of OT right now so won’t be able to get out till Saturday but will check back in then.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts