Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Sorry team…… had an unfortunate accident which will put a halt to something I’ve been looking forward too all year. Sitting in the E.R now View attachment 55038
Ouch heal up and get back on that horse nobody is perfect and your health is more important then the competition get healthy and heal it’s a long season

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Heading out this evening with my second oldest she’s been begging me to get out in the blind. Now that fair and 4h are done and in the books I’m hopeful to get all three of the kids their first white tails this season. Been watching a few deer with the kids and they still seem to be consistent on points of entry. Fingers crossed said white tails keep the same time frame and success is reached. No matter this evening’s outcome I’m excited to get out there and spend time with my daughter in the deer woods.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Heading out this evening with my second oldest she’s been begging me to get out in the blind. Now that fair and 4h are done and in the books I’m hopeful to get all three of the kids their first white tails this season. Been watching a few deer with the kids and they still seem to be consistent on points of entry. Fingers crossed said white tails keep the same time frame and success is reached. No matter this evening’s outcome I’m excited to get out there and spend time with my daughter in the deer woods.
Best of luck!! Went out with my brother this morning. I took a crossbow and sat on the ground because of my hand and got skunked, but my brother managed a doe.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Dang jmill , I hope you have a speedy recovery . I don't know what happened but hope you heal fast man!
Some stupidity and a box cutter!!! I appreciate the well wishes. Can’t really climb much or shoot my vertical bow, but I’ll use the crossbow and sit the ground until I’m good to go. Shouldn’t be too long

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well team the bad luck continues…. My other half was tboned today by someone who ran a stop sign. she is shaken and banged up, but praise the higher power she came out relatively unscathed. Tough times make those overlooked daily blessings more meaningful. On to brighter days ahead.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It’s apparent the good lord was watching over her and she is ok …. Hope all is well otherwise and the both of you get through this and are stronger then before. Hope you understand what I am trying to say . Better times ahead god bless my friend.
I do I appreciate the positive words and better days are on the horizon.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Well highlight of the hunt this evening. Took my daughter out as she was dying to go we got settled about 4:45 pm the winds were blowing and the squirrels and birds were all over about 5:30 I see a lone deer way out in the field edge. I let my daughter know I see one but cannot tell exactly what it is . I know it’s early but I decided to get a call out and give it a whirl just to see if I couldn’t peak some curiosity… well it works here the deer comes … as we sit waiting what seems like forever it get to about 65 yards out and seems to hang up and head towards the down wind side of where we are at . I’m shaking my head and talking to myself in my head asking why (but I know why ) as we sit the deer seems to loose interest and head back from the direction it came so just as I started to turn to her and whisper my phone vibrated. Being in the blind I’ll check it periodically for a time but this time it was the wife asking what we wanted for dinner when we returned from hunting…. As I’m trying to get a response from my daughter she tells me dad shut up deer …. I freeze and whispered how close and where she gives me precise location type of tree direction it’s walking and speed it’s moving so I slowly turned to confirm and sure enough here comes the same animal from before I slowly reach for the bow and help her get it in place as the deer stands 7 yards broadside it knows something is a miss but eventually relaxing enough to give her the opportunity for a shot I’m whispering take your time right behind the shoulder squeeze the trigger and shoot when you’re ready she shoots the small buck jumps turns and runs I attempted to watch exactly where it ran and listen for the crash when my daughter says dad look there were a lot more on the way …. Now I kick myself for not ignoring that as I did what I should not have done and took my attention off the wounded animal… I figured no biggie I have a great idea where the animals headed… say for a bit with her eventually getting back with my wife about dinner and the events I got out of the blind looking for hair blood and the arrow well I didn’t find any hair the arrow is still mia but I do have blood … I started to track her animal and try to teach her as she’s like a sponge right now we made it as far as I can legally go with the trail so I stopped and backed out . I have the day off work tomorrow so I’ll be door knocking in the morning to see about recovery…. The blood looks good although there’s not a ton of it and the animals gone a lot further then I would have figured but like I said I backed out and will see about getting permission to recover my daughter’s deer …. My fingers are crossed about that one as the property where this deer headed the land owner Isn’t exactly hunter friendly but being it’s her first deer I’m trying to stay optimistic about all of it fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Well highlight of the hunt this evening. Took my daughter out as she was dying to go we got settled about 4:45 pm the winds were blowing and the squirrels and birds were all over about 5:30 I see a lone deer way out in the field edge. I let my daughter know I see one but cannot tell exactly what it is . I know it’s early but I decided to get a call out and give it a whirl just to see if I couldn’t peak some curiosity… well it works here the deer comes … as we sit waiting what seems like forever it get to about 65 yards out and seems to hang up and head towards the down wind side of where we are at . I’m shaking my head and talking to myself in my head asking why (but I know why ) as we sit the deer seems to loose interest and head back from the direction it came so just as I started to turn to her and whisper my phone vibrated. Being in the blind I’ll check it periodically for a time but this time it was the wife asking what we wanted for dinner when we returned from hunting…. As I’m trying to get a response from my daughter she tells me dad shut up deer …. I freeze and whispered how close and where she gives me precise location type of tree direction it’s walking and speed it’s moving so I slowly turned to confirm and sure enough here comes the same animal from before I slowly reach for the bow and help her get it in place as the deer stands 7 yards broadside it knows something is a miss but eventually relaxing enough to give her the opportunity for a shot I’m whispering take your time right behind the shoulder squeeze the trigger and shoot when you’re ready she shoots the small buck jumps turns and runs I attempted to watch exactly where it ran and listen for the crash when my daughter says dad look there were a lot more on the way …. Now I kick myself for not ignoring that as I did what I should not have done and took my attention off the wounded animal… I figured no biggie I have a great idea where the animals headed… say for a bit with her eventually getting back with my wife about dinner and the events I got out of the blind looking for hair blood and the arrow well I didn’t find any hair the arrow is still mia but I do have blood … I started to track her animal and try to teach her as she’s like a sponge right now we made it as far as I can legally go with the trail so I stopped and backed out . I have the day off work tomorrow so I’ll be door knocking in the morning to see about recovery…. The blood looks good although there’s not a ton of it and the animals gone a lot further then I would have figured but like I said I backed out and will see about getting permission to recover my daughter’s deer …. My fingers are crossed about that one as the property where this deer headed the land owner Isn’t exactly hunter friendly but being it’s her first deer I’m trying to stay optimistic about all of it fingers crossed
Good luck brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 86 Posts