Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Going to get out this afternoon ahead of the weather front, hopefully that has them moving. Anyone else getting out?

Reactions: Maggie

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had a good youth season. My 17 y.o. got an 8 point this morning and my 13 y.o. got a doe tonight.
Congrats, I had by 12 yo son out today and he scored his first deer on his first hunt, now he is going to be expecting hunting to be easy. Just a small 6 point, but a good first deer.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Congrats, I had by 12 yo son out today and he scored his first deer on his first hunt, now he is going to be expecting hunting to be easy. Just a small 6 point, but a good first deer.
Cool. Congrats to him.

I got the story and pictures posted. At least we have a few more points on the board. I'm still waiting for a decent one to walk by.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Had a good youth season. My 17 y.o. got an 8 point this morning and my 13 y.o. got a doe tonight.
Congrats!! I added our youth hunt for points. I’m not sure if I’ll get a buck this year considering my daughter shot 1 of the 2 bucks on my target list…the other has disappeared 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Congrats!! I added our youth hunt for points. I’m not sure if I’ll get a buck this year considering my daughter shot 1 of the 2 bucks on my target list…the other has disappeared 🤷🏻‍♀️
Congrats. Looks like they all had a good time. Too bad they won't let us count the youth hunt bucks in our score, or we would have this.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Went out with our group of hunters in Mercer and Darke counties today, we saw 9, got 3, 2 does and I got a 7 point. Will put it in the scoring thread shortly. Will be at it the rest of the week.

Anyone else out and hunting gun week?

Reactions: Maggie

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Went out with our group of hunters in Mercer and Darke counties today, we saw 9, got 3, 2 does and I got a 7 point. Will put it in the scoring thread shortly. Will be at it the rest of the week.

Anyone else out and hunting gun week?
Congratulations! I was out for opening day. The morning was slooow. The neighbor across the road was putting on a drive…glad I hunted in our front field as it looked like they were dropping off someone to push our place 😒 I raised the window in my shack so they could clearly see my orange and they turned around to go back where they came from. The nerve of some people!
I saw 16 in the evening and could have snagged a doe but I was hoping a buck would come through. A nice 8 showed up but he only looked 2 or 3 to me. Took a little video and the husband said he looks 4 🤷🏻‍♀️Oh well, hoping for better weather and wind next weekend. Good luck to all this week!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts