Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
Congrats on the buck and the creation of a monster!
I was out this weekend with the pistol again. Passed the regulars as usual. Trying to draw a buck that showed Thursday of gun week. So far, I believe he is the only BBBC qualifier I’ve seen here at my Whitetail Ranch. I saw him early Nov. about a mile and a half as the crow flies from here. Hoping he winters here and I’ll be seeing more of him. Also hoping others will show as they usually do. Just in the last couple weeks three new ones have shown themselves.
Tonight saw over 30 does, fawns and yearlings. All different deer but no antlered deer showed.
18 in the picture below!
Plant community Ecoregion Plant Sky Wood

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Late season is here.. saw 20+ deer this evening, but I did not see my target buck. All but four were on properties I can not hunt.. Too much food in my area. I’m doing my best to draw them to the field I’m hunting, but it’s tough. Hoping the ground hardens up soon so I can bait more aggressively. May scout a thick creek bottom tomorrow and hang a camera to see what’s still around. Same property I had a lot of bucks cruising during pre rut.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Late season is here.. saw 20+ deer this evening, but I did not see my target buck. All but four were on properties I can not hunt.. Too much food in my area. I’m doing my best to draw them to the field I’m hunting, but it’s tough. Hoping the ground hardens up soon so I can bait more aggressively. May scout a thick creek bottom tomorrow and hang a camera to see what’s still around. Same property I had a lot of bucks cruising during pre rut.
Good luck Dillon

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
Looks like TANK is one of them!! :cool: Good luck with the remainder of your season.

Reactions: bankfish

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
Let the air out of the "TANK"!! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Best rut action I've seen all year tonight. Had 6 bucks chasing a little female. Came past me at about 10ft. Most grunting as they chased. Definitely some mature ones, gray faced and looking rough. Frickin squirrels :cool:. Lol. On a serious note, a little buck did come to the field, 5min later another, bigger one coming up the same trail. Knew I had to get to the edge of the field, started crawling and broke a branch. Bigger one never came, knew something wasn't right. Never winded me or blew. Gonna give it a few days and go back and kill him next time.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Took my recurve out this evening to a spot I haven’t hunted since early rut. Nothing was moving down in the thick creek bottom so I slipped up to the field edge and saw a dozen deer out in the stubble corn field. They were pretty far away but I could see at least one of them had a rack big enough to stand out in the dark foggy field. Might do a hang and hunt from my saddle Monday evening, may be a good option for late muzzleloader season too. Good luck BF, JH.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hunted the stubble corn field this evening. Only one out of the 18 deer that I saw had antlers; he was a 6 pointer. But 18!! All on the property that I can hunt. A few of them were within a couple yards of me! Will likely hunt there this weekend with the muzzleloader. Only downfall is there are multiple others who have permission to hunt there. Hard telling if I’ll have it to myself this weekend or not.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Went yesterday afternoon. Seen Tank and smaller buck with 3 doe, 250yds away in cut cornfield. I picked the wrong corner to watch. Hopefully won't be my last encounter with him. Good luck everyone in muzzleloader season.

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
Happy New Year team! It’s great you guys are still hunting. I too have been out. However, not since the first. Caught a bug and have not been feeling well. Been managing the bait station and cams the best I can. Only one buck I’d possibly kill. Have not seen him in person yet but cams show him in daylight.
Two have shed one side. This cold spell should help and snow would be better.
Good luck Chris with tank and Dillon with one of your big ones!

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
One final attempt with a gun in 2021 Season!
Plant Window Natural landscape Rectangle Wood

Passed on some very nice young deer this year…one year post EHD. Some dandy 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 year old immature bucks that seem to be resident deer here.
There may be one that I have pics of that I’d shoot but he seems to be a roamer. Hanging on by a thread here fellas. 4 weekends left to close the deal…hoping for some snow and nasty weather to give me a possible advantage here at my whitetail ranch! Also hoping for a **** ton of luck for all the pieces of my scrambled puzzle to fit into place!

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,051 Posts
Plant community Plant Rectangle Wood Branch

Come On Mr. Lucky Buck! Lol

Reactions: bankfish
101 - 120 of 131 Posts