Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,026 Posts
Good luck this weekend fellas. I may do a sit.? Nothing giant has shown to date. A 140 gross 10 point may be the biggest on camera so far this season. Plenty of other tasks to do if I don't hunt.
Shoot tank Chris! Kill the DDT buck Dillon! Jared, well, sleep in I guess! 🤣

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Been raining all day, finally around 6:30 this evening it stopped. I took a drive and saw A LOT of deer including an absolute giant that I’ve been after. Tomorrow afternoon can’t come soon enough! Strategizing my next move right now. I’ve got a couple options to choose from. It’ll be a ground hunt, possibly with my decoy.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Tank is still walking around. Got a buddy from Pa coming to hunt with me next week, hopefully he can kill him. It would tickle me!! I've only hunted once this year in there, so he shouldn't be too disturbed. Good luck Rev on your quest for the giant and JH, ;) you just be JH!!

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,026 Posts
Hey guys, I did my first sit last night at the PLB. I saw 6 different antlered bucks and 5 does/fawns/yearlings. Was a pretty eventful evening and very enjoyable. I pulled a card on the PLB Saturday and have a mid 150's 10 pt hitting it 3 times in the last week. However, they were all random times with no set pattern...yet.? So I was hoping to see him to know whether he would enjoy the company on my wall.:unsure: I will continue this week at that location provided the wind stays northwest'ish. Not really excited yet at my place but been thinking about sneaking into Dillon's spot since he chose to vacation prime rut week! :ROFLMAO::devilish:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Should be able to get a few hunts in before we head to FL. I had to explain, again, that NOvember starts with NO because; no I’m not going to dinner at your mothers, no I’m not helping your brother with his brakes, no I’m not working any additional shifts… so on and so forth.. still got suckered into a vacation to FL. I’ve had several really nice deer showing up. Still waiting on the farmer to cut his beans so I can set up hay bale blind. Fingers crossed I can find a little luck with this week. I’m liking these cooler temps and the forecasted winds. Good luck fellas!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Only TC pics of the bucks I’m after, including the giant typical, no in person sightings. I’ve also got recent photos of DDT, a 6 year old double drop tine buck that I’ve got years of history with. This year he sprouted two nice drops. Then there is a very massive, tall tight racked 9pt. He’s been dominating one of my PLB’s. I shared photos of him on post #309 of the PLB thread. The great thing about that set up is that my hang on stand is only about 12’ up a buckeye tree and within 10 yards of the PLB. I will strictly hunt that stand with my recurve. At the same PLB, the buck my dad is after recently showed up. It’s about 2.5 miles away as a crow flies (from where he was living). They are moving!!

I’m in a tough predicament. I feel like with the limited time I’ve got to hunt before Florida, my best chance of getting a shot at one of these bucks would be by strictly hunting only one farm this week, instead of bouncing around day by day. Any suggestions from any of you proven big buck killers?

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,026 Posts
Monday sightings were two bucks and Tuesdays was a single buck and a doe. 9 buck opportunities in 3 days. Biggest was Monday night a 7x4. This picture was afer he hit the PLB which I was watching. I believe that is 7 different bucks in three days. I keep you all posted. Dillon and his Dad are on the big one this morning. He is chasing hard in their creek bottom was the latest news.
Plant Deer Natural environment Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
3 bucks and this morning, all with a doe. The giant made his was past me, then my dad, chasing a doe. Was within 30 yards of me but was chasing, and about 50 yards from dad. We left the creek bottom close to noon. Went home got a hang on stand and I am now 100 yards south of my dad (the last place dad saw the giant cross the creek.) This morning I was about 200 yards north of dad. 4 does made their way past me about 30 minutes ago and dad just got back to his stand. Hoping BS (Big Splits) makes his way by one of us again. Dad is also after a heavy 7 point and another big buck - LS (Little Splits.) I’ll be holding out for BS or another roamer that is comparable to him. We’ll be back in here in the morning if we don’t get him tonight.

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,026 Posts
Last evening I had the Mid 150's 10 come in at dusk. He put on a show for me, that's for sure. I watched him thrash some willows in the bottom, hit the PLB, make some scrapes all while intermittently grunting. He spent 10 or so minutes within 20 yards of me.

Guess what I did next?

Reactions: jmc2233

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Last evening I had the Mid 150's 10 come in at dusk. He put on a show for me, that's for sure. I watched him thrash some willows in the bottom, hit the PLB, make some scrapes all while intermittently grunting. He spent 10 or so minutes within 20 yards of me.

Guess what I did next?
Pretty sure you let him walk away 🤔.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts