·
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's your page

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Let’s get it goin!!!

A lot of anticipation heading into the season. My work schedule allows me to spend a considerable amount of time hunting.

I’ve got several familiar bucks showing up but the one I’m most excited to see is still a no show. I’m going to try my best to hold off for him. He’s a big 7 year old non-typical. He was very killable late last season, and I’m confident I could have gotten a shot at him had I not already filled my buck tag in early November. All of my deer hunting will be in Miami county!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hey Rev, long time no see. Lol. I'm still in butler co. Not right now, in Kansas muzzleloader hunting. I'll be hunting the same old farm, plus picked up another 11ac, tucked away spot. Gotta get there when I get home and get a couple cameras out. Been getting a lot of pictures at the farm of different bucks. One in particular. Rev, meet Tank, Tank meet Rev. :)
Plant Black Natural environment Elk Branch

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey guys what’s going on. I’ll be hunting mainly Trumbull county. I did get drawn for the salt fork hunt October 11th thru the 24th. Taking a week off work and heading down to hunt 18th-22nd. I’ve got a few good bucks on camera that I’ll be after.
Deer Elk Fawn Horn Terrestrial animal
Black Flash photography Style Black-and-white Window
Elk Deer Flash photography Style Black-and-white

·
Registered
255 Posts
I won’t shoot that goofy one. Hope he can make it thru the season and turn into something special next year. I had him last year and he looked extremely young. Like 2 1/2

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Some really nice deer you’re after JMC! I’ve seen your post on the “OS 700 Club” thread, you’ve killed some dandy’s!

I think we’ve got a great team with a lot of potential.

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,000 Posts
Hello Gents! Please welcome this old misfit to your team. I'm honored to be a part of this team. ;)
You guys have some good pictures of big bucks!! No cams out yet for me, but will have some out soon.
Saw a great buck this past week in the early AM which seems to be on pattern...access is IFFY at best. It's
hunted, but, by me asking, it will set off alarm bells to his presence. Late season he'll be on my side of the road.
I may just drag my feet and wait on another of Dillon's hunting invitations! 🤞😆
Good luck to each of you this season, Jared, Chris and Dillon.
Rich

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
May have to switch focus to a different buck. Twice now I’ve seen a very nice buck in a bean field that I may be able to hunt. It was right at dusk both evenings couldn’t see much but he’s a giant. Will know within the next few days if I can set up on him opening weekend. It’d have to be a ground hunt.

·
Ohio Sportsman
2,000 Posts
Morning guys!
Good luck if you choose to hunt this weekend! I never went and asked and didn't see that deer at all this week. Albeit, some mornings were too dark when I went by to even see if he was in the field.
I'm guessing I won't start hunting until late October. I'm going to try and put out some cams on my property this weekend.
Very nice blind Rev! JMC, I agree with you on "GOOFY". Let him age and see what he can become. BF, hope you get "TANK"!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ya he’s a tank! Went out yesterday evening. Seen about 8 does and 2 smaller bucks. The droptine I’m after was on camera Friday evening at 6:30pm. Just couldn’t do it on opening evening lol. Im out now in hopes one of them slip up.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That big buck disappeared the days leading up to opener. He showed up on trail cam though, meaning he ventured to my side of the road. I recognize him from last season and he really put on some inches!! Also, have had several different bucks at this natural scrape

Deer Plant Organism Black-and-white Grass
Deer Natural environment Organism Tree Grass

·
Registered
255 Posts
Anybody been/plan on getting out? Ive been out a few evenings. Seeing a lot of movement. Had this buck come in and walk right underneath me. He’s been running around with the drop tine buck I’m after but not that day. I’m getting married Saturday so probably won’t be back out until next week. Good luck!
Plant Wood Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Haven't been out yet, letting my boys stink the place up first.;). They just left, looking for a doe for my oldest son.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts