1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jmill here, will probably end up hunting multiple counties this year, Adams, Vinton, maybe a few others. My vest and gear are already laid out ready to go!! Good luck all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Checking in Youth hunting with my son this weekend . Will be in Southern Ohio for the opening weekend. Then headed to Texas on May the 4. Good luck all

·
Registered
359 Posts
Annual turkey hunt in the mitten with my old man was a success, come on OH opener

·
Registered
359 Posts
Opening day was slow. Got to within a fair distance of one on the roost that was hammering, but once he flew down it was game over. Heard another off in the distance but no dice. Heard one gun shot opening morning. Went back at em this morning and crossed a big hollow and got on two gobbling after fly down. They skirted me up the ridge and it was game over at that point. Lot of gobbling but they wouldn’t budge.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got it done tonight!! One of the more surreal hunts I’ve ever been on. Got out to the spot off a little two track on a piece of private and hit the pot call. Instantly heard two gobble within 100 yards. They came through the thick stuff after a couple more yelps and I took the first shot presented, 35 yards with the stevens .410 and federal TSS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts