1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks again for facilitating, Bawana. Looking forward to participating - I'm here! Opening things up on 4/19 for WV opener with my old man and older brother, can't wait. More than ready for that 4/24 opener here in Ohio!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Checking in. Hoping to get one of my boys out next Saturday. There have been a couple longbeards coming into my foodplot fairly regularly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah, Northern Panhandle - very good. I grew up in St Albans, Kanawha County. I hunt Kanawha, Putnam, Lewis, and Upshur. Try to rotate every year - this year I’ll actually be in Lincoln on a piece I’ve never hunted before. My dads birthday is on the opener and we haven’t hunted together since 2016, so really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
On the board. Southern Ohio public land this morning. Came in on a string. A hen and 3 gobblers. Hen was arguing with me and hopped up on a log 10 yards in front me. The gobblers couldn’t handle the fuss and were hammering right behind her. Exhilarating.

Will add to scoring thread later.

and if you’ve seen my previous posts from 2020.. it’s all about the turkey socks. My mother in law gave these to me for Christmas a few years ago. My last 9 consecutive hunts have included gobbling birds within range. Get ya a pair!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Congrats. Nice bird. I made it out last Saturday, and didn't hear much. I did call in a hen, and hoped there would be a tom behind her, but no luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts