Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rough day here. Morning was slow seen one small buck. Bow broke in the afternoon , shop couldn't fix it so I bought a new xbow to get back out in the woods. Had it sighted in an made it to the woods at 445 with little hope. 10 minutes later an absolute tank of a buck came down the hill side following a doe. Tried grunting snoRt weasing nothing worked. Ended up rushing a shot at the bottom of a hill on him when he went to follow the doe off the property . Clean miss and he freaked out an ran to another county. Beer thirty for this guy

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sorry, I didn't post sooner I was in MO deer hunting.

BAGM, that's a stud! (I think abbreviating your name is appropriate!) Congrats on an awesome deer. Maybe we should change the name to Team Spitfire.

Maggie, be sure to post pics because we get points even if she doesn't score. My youth bailed on me this weekend but I think we're getting my buddy's kids out for muzzy.

Here's my MO buck, not a stud but I didn't fill my out of state tag last year and that wasn't happening again.
Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Plant Natural material
Plant Elk Deer Tree Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks sw ! Looks like you had a good time in MO that's a nice buck 👍 . I'm pumped for gun week trying out a different 450 this year . I'll shoot one doe for sure maybe two .mainly just want to have an excuse to sit in the woods with that rifle haha. Team spitfire sounds good to me. Hopefully chimp is seeing some deer as well. Good luck everyone , hope your daughter connects today Maggie!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Sorry, I didn't post sooner I was in MO deer hunting.

BAGM, that's a stud! (I think abbreviating your name is appropriate!) Congrats on an awesome deer. Maybe we should change the name to Team Spitfire.

Maggie, be sure to post pics because we get points even if she doesn't score. My youth bailed on me this weekend but I think we're getting my buddy's kids out for muzzy.

Here's my MO buck, not a stud but I didn't fill my out of state tag last year and that wasn't happening again. View attachment 55539 View attachment 55540
Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Took my daughter out Saturday. Unfortunately, we could only hunt the evening due to basketball practice in the morning 🙄 and my oldest daughter’s bridal shower Sunday. We saw a lot of deer but nothing big enough to shoot. She wants one bigger than her last deer…don’t we all!! I’m going to wait to post a youth hunt as we get 2 additional points for a harvest…she’ll take a doe if the right buck doesn’t show up.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts