Team 4

Discussion in '2018 Team Turkey Contest' started by chass, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Checking in, super pumped to get out and chase some turkeys. Been seeing plenty of them!

Bryan six likes this.
  2. A6FF145C-6166-45B9-9BDD-CA47BE0AF15C.jpeg Checking in, all set up here in Kansas as I type this. Should be back home by middle of opening week. Turkeys just started busting up here in the last two days. Ready to get the season started.

cambridgezowie, Bryan six and chass like this.

3. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

Ready to go, heading to W Va for their opener next week!

Bryan six, cambridgezowie and chass like this.
  4. Rough start to he 2018 season. Cameraman was busy so I was self filming trying to run camera and bow and thought I had my yardage markers so i didn’t need to try to throw the range finder into the mix. Anyhow I thought he was 35 and he was 44, shot underneath him but didn’t booger him. So going back after him tomorrow. 24A1E1F7-A82F-4487-8739-D690113BE944.jpeg Cant see the arrow but you can see the dust flying behind his legs.

Bryan six, cambridgezowie and chass like this.
  5. That’s a lot to have going one for one guy.

6. Wouldnt be bad if it wasn’t for the trickery from being at ground level with only using clumps of dirt as your markers. It may look like a clump is right behind one you ranged and it ends up being 10 yards pass it. Didn’t realize how much tree stands help in that aspect.

7. Checking in before I head to Kentucky for their opener.

chass and Bryan six like this.
  8. Back in the blind again, no cameraman. Hopefully better results today.

Bryan six and chass like this.
  9. Frosty, are you hunting the walk in areas in Kansas? I was wanting to hit Kansas this year but decided on Wisconsin for a late season hunt. I've got my 2 zone5 tags for may16. Maybe Kansas and Nebraska next year.

10. Went out fishing today since it was so nice out. Water was pretty high still so not much action, decided to take a quick walk around and look for any overlooked sheds or mushrooms which also was unfruitful. On my way back to the truck I did spot quite a few turkeys. Pumped for the opener!

11. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

I’ll be hunting Tuscarawas County, Where’s everybody else headed to

12. Warren, Claremont, Brown. But I'm in letcher co my at the moment.

13. No I’m on 25000 acres of private my boss has. I guide turkey hunts for him in spring and do some self filming and filming of his hunts for his show. Walk-in areas are tough close to where I am. They get hit really hard.

chass likes this.
  14. 864301FA-41C7-4E68-8626-D2ACFA1AE183.jpeg 3D7FFC87-A6BB-4DE2-AE39-094F3415DA0A.jpeg Finally closed the deal on this guy last night. He been hanging up in the wood line where I couldn’t get a shot on him cause I had the camera setup on that side of me. Made adjustment on setup last night and he hung up in same spot but the camera didn’t save him this time. He’s a Rio and I took him at 45 yards. He ran about 30 yards before he expired.

Attached Files:

Bryan six and just Hunt like this.
  15. Jackson/Gallia/Vinton here. Great job Frosty, sounds like you're having a great time out there! Do you shoot the same broadheads for both turkey and deer?

Bryan six likes this.
  16. Yes, use the nap kill zone trophy tip. But I will be switching to steel force big fathead for deer and feather duster for turkey after this turkey season.

17. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Rainy in WV Bawana??? How's it going???

18. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

Yes it is....but I’m setting in Ohio, going to head down Tuesday and hunt the rest of the week.

Bryan six likes this.
  19. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Be safe!! Keep us updated!