Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Jmill checking in. Good luck to everyone on a safe and successful year. Will be in Vinton and Williams county mostly, with some other counties sprinkled in.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hey team. My name is Dillon, I’m set out to continue my streak with another mature buck in Miami county. Also looking to take a deer or two on a state controlled hunt in Champaign county. I’ll try to score us some points by taking a youth hunter as well. I’ll check in often and keep you all up to date on how my season is going. Good luck to all of you and I’m looking forward to hearing about your hunts as well!

·
Registered
966 Posts
SWOhio checking in from, well SWOhio. Things aren't looking great for my Preble property with EHD hitting. At least three dead in my area with one on my property. The neighbor to the south smelled but couldn't find them due to stinging nettle. It may just be big bucks on the list from there but I do hunt Ross County as well. Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Are any of you hunting this weekend? I’ll be putting a new roof on my house Saturday, but I’m sure many deer will be up and moving. We’ve been watching a nice group of bucks all summer - hopefully my dad can kill one opening day. Good luck to all of you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are any of you hunting this weekend? I’ll be putting a new roof on my house Saturday, but I’m sure many deer will be up and moving. We’ve been watching a nice group of bucks all summer - hopefully my dad can kill one opening day. Good luck to all of you!
I am going squirreling tomorrow (DM me if you are interested in going) but I normally don't go out for deer opening weekend. I try to get closer to the rut before I go out, using the time i am squirrel hunting to do some last minute scouting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I will more than likely be out for atleast an afternoon. I was lucky enough to harvest a doe in Michigan on a family farm for the early doe season with my bow. If anyone is going out best of luck to you and hopefully we see some Ohio deer hitting the dirt!!
Plant Tree Beak Terrestrial plant Fawn

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not much of a trophy hunter but I gave this little fork horn a pass yesterday afternoon. I told my self I wanna hold out as long as I can to try and shoot something a little larger, I’ve got a few decent sized 8pts on camera I’m after. Good way to start the opener though!!
Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Forest

1 - 17 of 17 Posts