·
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go!

Reactions: Huntmadd

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
A little late to this party but checking in.

My name is Dan and although I live in Shelby county I’ll be hunting Champaign and Auglaize counties.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
How’s the season looking for you all? I don’t have any shooters on camera yet but that’s not unusual for where I hunt. My best spot is doe palooza and eventually the big boys show up. Passed on a 15 last year that I probably shouldn’t have but if he survived he’s going to be a monster. Short tines but really good mass on his main beams. He had broken some tines and I could see why, he came in and fought a big 7 in the best fight I’ve ever seen the day after I passed him. I have 4 years of pics and I expect him to be back if he’s still alive. Also a big 8 running around that I missed 2 years ago thanks to a small branch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I’m in the same boat all doe only a few bucks nothing big yet. A few weeks out. Your not to far from me I hunt van wert and Mercer county. Only 8 days left boys!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yep it’s getting close and these cool morning are upping the excitement.

I’m also eager because this year I’m going to give saddle hunting a try. I have trees prepped but not a single stand up...... feels weird but excited to give it a shot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a few up and cummers on cam but still waiting on the big boys to start crusing late in October. Good luck these cold night may get them fired up . Hopefully there is a hard frost soon ticks are worse than I have ever seen .

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
This the best I have so far, young guy with potential. It unusual for me not to get shooter bucks for a few more weeks so I'm not overly concerned yet.
7A1B8F27-1361-4C40-984B-44BB6409DE90.jpeg
4E4BC8AB-2DD9-4DBC-98B5-B9306F7FC3EA.jpeg

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Still nothing great on camera as of yesterday. Still going to head out for an evening hunt tonight even though it’s warm. Switching over to a tree saddle this year and need to get my 1st test run in on an actual hunt.

Anyone else making it out this weekend?

·
Registered
140 Posts
0D595699-A880-454B-B6FE-C625926F6F04.jpeg I am coming up next weekend to hunt and check cams . My friend passed a nice 4 yr old 8 pt Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Well 1st saddle hunt completed. I think I’m really going to like this thing. Saw 12 only a couple close enough to shoot as I was hunting an observation stand so lack of shot opportunities wasn’t surprising.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm always a late starter. This time of year is chaotic for me and the family, especially helping my mother-in-law prep and get ready for the sauerkraut festival. Obviously, that isn't happening this year, but still not quite ready to hit the woods yet.

I have cams out and almost all stands/blinds set up. Nothing too exciting on camera yet but they are coming through pretty regularly. I have 2 goals this year...take a mature Ohio buck (lived in Ohio for 14 yrs and have not taken a buck) and to get my 8 yr old daughter to shoot her first deer. I won't start hunting until mid-October when my dad comes out from Vermont.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Usually don’t get to excited early but got a little more free time on my hands than usual so I’ll be spending more time in the woods than normal this time of year but also trying to stay out of my best spot till the cameras tell me it’s time.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts