Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sat twice this week… half day each time. Could have shot a doe… but with lower numbers then normal (it seems)… I’ll wait and see how it goes… still no Shooters on camera. I’ll be sitting all day 6th, 7th and 9th… The 9th is my favorite day. I’ve killed 3 decent deer on the 9th the last 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
My cameras have shown total crap all week. Glad I killed early. This warm snap is ridiculous. Keep at it though! Looooonnnnnnggggg way to go

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
So 2 years ago I shot a decent 8 point at point blank range. Was not 100% on the shot because the angle was horrible! I looked for 3 days and never did find him. A month later I got a photo of him. It was from the opposite side I had shot him, but you could see a hump from where I had hit him!

. He came straight at me and I took a shot almost directly below me. Maybe 10ft from my tree. The angle going down I had thought I hit Liver atleast. But he lived on… so last year I got pictures of him as a fairly typical 10pt!

He has a obvious scar and a hump on his back from the shot!!! Hence why his name is “Scar”…. I’ve been very upset I haven’t had any pictures of him this year and feared he had died from a car, or EHD or something!!!! So I randomly woke up at 430 this morning and was just laying there in bed. I reached over and grabbed my phone and ole “Scar” was standing in front of my camera. Looks to be a typical 8 maybe with a little bit of character! I’m 90% sure it’s him because of that hump… but can’t be 100% until I can see the scar in daylight!!! What are your thoughts???

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
He may not score a rediculous amount… but there’s 2 things that make him my #1 target buck!! First and obviously the history with him!!! But 2nd… my 2 dream bucks are a double identical drop time buck.. or identical stickers off the G2’s.. and looking at the side picture of him,, I think those G2 stickers are a hair bigger then then look! Either way,, Scar would look amazing on my wall!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was out yesterday morning. The wind was finally right for my preferred spot between a large bedding area and some oaks (albeit a smaller acorn crop this year). I saw 7 does running around and one small buck, all way out of range. Unfortunately, the buck saw me first because I can't hold still very well! He wasn't very big, but if I'm being honest, I would have shot if given the chance (long dry spell that needs to end!).

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Keep at it!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
So 2 years ago I shot a decent 8 point at point blank range. Was not 100% on the shot because the angle was horrible! I looked for 3 days and never did find him. A month later I got a photo of him. It was from the opposite side I had shot him, but you could see a hump from where I had hit him!

. He came straight at me and I took a shot almost directly below me. Maybe 10ft from my tree. The angle going down I had thought I hit Liver atleast. But he lived on… so last year I got pictures of him as a fairly typical 10pt!

He has a obvious scar and a hump on his back from the shot!!! Hence why his name is “Scar”…. I’ve been very upset I haven’t had any pictures of him this year and feared he had died from a car, or EHD or something!!!! So I randomly woke up at 430 this morning and was just laying there in bed. I reached over and grabbed my phone and ole “Scar” was standing in front of my camera. Looks to be a typical 8 maybe with a little bit of character! I’m 90% sure it’s him because of that hump… but can’t be 100% until I can see the scar in daylight!!! What are your thoughts???

I’d say it’s the same buck

·
Registered
286 Posts
Haven’t been on here in a while due to having a lot going on. My son was born on Halloween day, baby Nolan! Built a pedestal for this buck that turned out phenomenal. I’ll post pics soon. And I acquired a couple new permission spots. One that I think has potential to be absolutely amazing

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was a very quiet morning for me. I went to an area where the wind wasn't ideal, but wasn't going to end the hunt before it began. I had high hopes as I have been seeing many bucks up moving near my house the past few days (within city limits where hunting isn't allowed unfortunately). On the walk in before first light, I jumped 3 does that were bedded maybe 20 yards from the parking area. Those were the only deer I saw today. One of these days, I hope to be lucky enough to meet a deer that makes more mistakes than I do! I also learned that I need warmer gloves.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I sat 4 days last week and didn’t see a deer…. I sat yesterday morning and didn’t see anything.. I got down around noon and wanted to check a old path that usually has scrapes on it. I slowly still hunted it because the wind was perfect!! I looked up and a mature buck come cruising right by me at 15yds… was kinda open, but the small trees made it alittle to thick to shoot. Not sure how he didn’t see me. I let him get to about 60yds and I moved by a tree and grunted to him. He cut back and I was full draw. But like always, he was 1 step from the path I could shoot and he stops… turns and goes cruising on away from path with his nose to the ground!!!! Lol. Wasn’t my target buck,, but he woulda done just fine!!!!

It was this guy… this is my neighbors camera the last night. So he was sure on the move. Must not have found a hot doe!!

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
We goose hunted yesterday and it was brutal with that wind

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
I’ll be out next week a couple days on doe patrol. Hopefully gather us another 5 points. Planning to hunt some with a Glock Model 40 MOS 6” 10mm with Leupold delta point pro.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
I can consistently hit a 6” steel plate at 50 and 75 yards with it. 200gr JHP ammo plenty enough to kill.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I took a break from deer to take my 8 year old son along to hunt pheasants at Salt Fork this morning. No luck, but he had fun. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts