Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
JTyler - it definitely happens. My hunting partners were just talking about a couple we lost. Solid hits - blood trails for a mile+. Don't know how they could possibly be standing losing that much blood with a 1oz piece of lead in them (or through them).

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So what tags does everyone still have or at least going after?
I have my buck tag still and 100% still plan on using it!
Plus at least one of my girls should get a deer down before season ends!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Who’s still hunting? I haven’t been out much lately!! Moved all my cameras this past week.. operation late season underway

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm done for the season. Freezers full and my oldest is still looking for a buck. I'll be taking some youth hunters out this weekend. I'm maxed for points here. I'm glad to be done because I'm on overtime working dark to dark right now. So I only have the weekends. Hopefully I can get some youth hunters on something this weekend. First day of gun I had my father in law and brother in law with my nephew go to my best property. They tripled with a 20" wide 7 point and two doe. That was an awesome experience for them. My brother in law got his biggest buck to date and he hasn't got a deer in over 6 years.
Hopefully some of you fellas get some luck soon and get some bucks on the ground.
Snow Sunglasses Tree Plant Freezing

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice man… that’s awesome! I have some smaller bucks I will shoot at the Tree farm for the owner if nothing big shows up! There tearing up his Xmas trees and wants them gone! I did however have a nice buck on 3 of my cameras the last 3 days. The biggest being 10 min before shooting light! So there’s still hope!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a good New Year! 2021 was the first year in a Looonnnggg time I never shot a buck! However I am lucky I still have roughly a month left even though the odds are stacked against me! I have 2 little bucks on my property I want to cull. There twins and both only grow on 1 side. Opposite sides actually! One of them show up there, I’m using my buck tag this morning! Rain and black powder don’t mix!!! But we’ll see what happens.. lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I’m still at it!! Not as much time in a stand this year as previous! Still have a few decent bucks holding! Hope this snow we get has them in there feet! I do have a few youth hunts I will post, just waiting hoping one of my girls still shoots one!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts