Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
So I haven’t been out much! 2 of my daughters will be hunting one of those Deercreek youth archery hunts this weekend! I scouted it a few days ago and put up some cameras. It’s absolutely rediculous in there! First 15min I was there I had a little buck come up to my left like 15 yds and just stood there staring at me! And then I look to my right and this nice 130” buck walks by through the field at maybe 30yds. I ended up having 27 deer within bow range plus another 20 or so out of range! And I was only there for 2 hrs! My 2 cell cameras have been sending me pics about every 20min without any kind of attractant! If they don’t shoot a deer, I’m hanging up my boots I think! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I haven’t been out much! 2 of my daughters will be hunting one of those Deercreek youth archery hunts this weekend! I scouted it a few days ago and put up some cameras. It’s absolutely rediculous in there! First 15min I was there I had a little buck come up to my left like 15 yds and just stood there staring at me! And then I look to my right and this nice 130” buck walks by through the field at maybe 30yds. I ended up having 27 deer within bow range plus another 20 or so out of range! And I was only there for 2 hrs! My 2 cell cameras have been sending me pics about every 20min without any kind of attractant! If they don’t shoot a deer, I’m hanging up my boots I think! Lol

Good luck to your girls.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've been hunting hard. Playing cat n mouse. Trying to get my youth hunters on one. Came close yesterday. My son was just a bit late to the stand. About 20 minutes earlier and he would have got a shot. I actually seen this buck with a doe as I forgot something and had to walk back. I sent my son ahead to his stand and on my way back he was standing there with a doe. I almost had a shot but they bolted.
Plant Sky Working animal Tree Bull
Plant Military camouflage Tree Sky Natural landscape

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hell yea.. congrats! My Colorado trip was a bust! Could have tagged out everyday of scouting! Only seen 2 Elk after opening morning! Heading to stand here at home this morning! I’ve had a shooter on cam everyday the last 3 or 4 days

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My 16 year old son finally got his first buck and got it off our own property. Pretty cool. He's all jacked up. He's a great kid and always willing to help. He's been buckless forever. I'm so glad he finally got a buck. He deserves it so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My 16 year old son finally got his first buck and got it off our own property. Pretty cool. He's all jacked up. He's a great kid and always willing to help. He's been buckless forever. I'm so glad he finally got a buck. He deserves it so much.
That’s awesome man!!! Congrats dude!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
So I shot a nice buck last year I never found.. looked for a week! Wellll he showed up on my camera a week or so ago in daylight with a nice healthy scar where I shot him. Went from a nice 8pt.. to a nice 10pt. He daylighted yesterday and this morning!!! Hopefully I can complete last years failure!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My daughter shot a doe Monday night,, unfortunately we couldn’t find her! Seemed like a great hit, came back the next morning and nothing! Not sure where she went! It’s super super thick!! A little bit upsetting!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts