Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somebody needs to rattle Bowtech Hunter 6501's chain and get him signed in.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome... Anyone out this morning? I might sit the last hour tonight.. But I'll definitely be out tomorrow morning and Monday. I had to work this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
So I had 3 shooters on Camera every evening before dark for over a month. And just like my luck always has it... Last week the property they bed on, is now being leveled.. Culvert put in. Totally gone.. Have only seen one of my bucks the last week and a half and that was at 330am. Upsetting. There has been does and smaller bucks there every evening though.. So Good Chance I get one of daughters on a deer tonight! I'll keep ya posted!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My daughter missed a fat doe last night. My bad. I had her shooting for 30. She was 27yds and super sketchy. She dropped atleast a foot before arrow reached her. Just over the back. First Archery shot at deer for her. She'll get it! I'm Out now. Haven't seen anything yet. Hunting a piece of public close to the house!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shot a small doe this afternoon! Making preseasoned burgers and Jerky for my Colorado Elk Trip the end of October! On a piece of public land. Walking clear to the back corner! Had my climber and backpack on my back and this doe jumps up from some thick grass and runs 30 yds behind a tree and stops.. I knock a arrow and she turns around and walks back out broadside. She only ran 30yds and piled up. So I cleaned her... Threw her over my shoulders, and made the 3/4 mile hike out!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Congrats. I just now got my gear together. I'm fighting a cold right now. Hopefully I'll get better here shortly and get out. All my spots are looking really good this year. I've got several youths I'll be taking out this year. That's my priority this season.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Preseasoned burger? Care to share the recipe?
Well... Lol.. My buddy and a friend of his was grinding his deer up last week to make sausage. So it was seasoned with that. They was out of sleeves and was going to pick them up the next day. So they patted up some of said burger and cooked one up! Best burger ever. Zero additional fat added. The guy has his seasoning mixed up for jerky he makes for his AG class. So I paid him a little money and he mixed and pattied them up and froze them. I couldn't believe how good they was!

I'm not sure what is in his seasoning... But it's some sort of venison sausage mix?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts