Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Team # 15 - Lungbusters

14K views 196 replies 18 participants last post by  bowhunter1023 
#1 ·
Lungbusters, This is your official thread for the 2007 Deer Hunting Team Contest! This will be your place to meet and share stories with each other throughout the season. I wish you all the best of luck in the deer woods this fall! Have fun and shoot strait!

#5 ·
You have to have an old guy or you don't have any prespective! He already told me about hunting uphill both ways. What you need to watch for is the guy that doesn't talk much. Those are the ones that sneak up on you. We got two of them guys. And they are both in good areas.

Are weak link is old "Three deer Matt!" HAHA He is going to have a much better season this year if I have any say in it. He has a gem of a place to hunt this year too.

#18 ·
Jesse, how did the scoutin go? I saw one doe, walked a few new paths but saw no rubs, I need at least another scouting trip before i make a final decision. I am leanin towards a spot I have used in the past. Little oak flat in a creek bottom with lots of acorns on the ground. Should be a good season, that;s for sure.

#19 ·
The property is not as good as I expected. It is littered with stripper wells and lease roads which makes access nice. But it is super thick, and I had a real problem locating a food source. There were a few postives in a 10 acre thicket that is basically inpenatrable and a large portion of the big right-of-way is 7-8 foot tall white pines. So I found some good bedding. I need to go back when the leaves are down. I found a few good trails and a rub or two, but nothing to get excited about. Just yet...

#21 ·
Takes some boot leather is all, right bud?
I wore some out. But I had a 17, 15, a 13 year kid with me. I wasn't gettin' much done beside baby sitting. I need to go back when I can focus. That's why I figured I would wait for the leaves to drop. I can spend a day stalking and scouting.

#22 ·
Dude, I am right there with ya. I had the wife with me and it would have been mean of me to drag her through some of the thicker stuff that I wanted to make it through. Hopefully I can make it some time before the opener, but i doubt I will.

Man, the doe I saw was well within gun range, and I had the wind in my face and there was a depression big enough for me to walk upright in. Would not have been hard at all to put on a stalk to within bow range. Not hard at all... I am gettin the jitters...

#23 ·
Its gonna be here before we know it. I have a real good feeling about opening weekend if the weather coopperates. I will be in that buddy stand all weekend hunting or filming. I can hunt it on just about any wind but something Northernly. I built that wind row so they couldn't get down wind. They have to walk in front of the stand. I hope Jr. Plaid can go out but the local fair is that weekend and he will have to show and sell Saturday. I may hold off Saturday if he is going to be able to go Sunday. 14 yard chip shot. I think he can make that...

#24 ·
picked up 2 of my cameras i had out today,camera where Freak Daddy hangs out,the darn battery went low and no pics after the 12th:mad: but 2 old scrapes in same area (both within 20 yds of my stand) were opened up.also the other camera has a 10 pt on it i've not seen before:bouncy: looks good in Highland co.i will check the other 4 cameras about Wed.will keep posted if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.