Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
More of the same for me.. I was 75 yards from one roosted. He fly's down the opposite direction then disappears. Then 2 toms chase a hen past me a little while later. She fly's by like the roadrunner. The Toms must have lost her then I call her back in to my set up and those 2 toms stay out in a field and gobble like crazy but never come in. Gosh!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I can but it's half a$$ed and I have no confidence in it.. I called in a big one Saturday morning to 35 yards but i had the bow and could not get a shot and he couldn't see the decoys. I watched 3 strut in front on me this morning at about 200 yards and they gobbled at me from daylight to 11:00 and i finally gave up.. This week has been crazy for me. You name it and i have had it happen. I probably should have killed 8 Toms already.. :rant:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
congrats batts! and muzzy, dang it sounds like you ve sure been haveing some action! sounds like only a matter of time till you knock one down. I took a youth with no success in southern Ohio saturday and sunday and I shot a long beard opening day in southern ohio. Got him to answer the call at about 9 a.m. down in a bottom, moved around on him and had him on the ground at about 915. Will be hunting with my bow the rest of season around home. I ll try to get those pics up shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
congrats batts! and muzzy, dang it sounds like you ve sure been haveing some action! sounds like only a matter of time till you knock one down. I took a youth with no success in southern Ohio saturday and sunday and I shot a long beard opening day in southern ohio. Got him to answer the call at about 9 a.m. down in a bottom, moved around on him and had him on the ground at about 915. Will be hunting with my bow the rest of season around home. I ll try to get those pics up shortly.
I finally connected yesterday morning. I am trying to post the pics but the site is acting up.. i keep getting a error message. I will try later i guess. He came in off the roost with 2 other Toms and came in on a string to my decoys. I shot him at about 30 feet. He was 23 lbs 9.5" beard and 3/4" spurs. Finally.:thumbs_up: I will post a detailed story when i get a chance. :D:D Congrats to all on the team so far and keep it up fellas!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
HAHA! i could be wrong, but i m pretty sure everybody on this team killed long beards! thats awesome. good job and congrats everybody. awesome, and there is still over 2 weeks of season left.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I finally got my pictures loaded up on the scoreing page and the youth bonus page. Dosnt look like i m going to be tagging a replacement bird. Hunting time this week looks limited and I m off to lake erie friday morning for some walleye fishing all weekend. you guys all get your pics posted up for the scoreing?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Good job guys! We are champs! I say we keep the same team for next spring.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.