Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in. Looking forward to turkey season!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Checking in fellas. Let's get some ideas for a name. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
OK, team 11 you are all checked in. If you'd like to come up with a team name, I'd be happy to edit your team thread. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What parts of Ohio is everybody going to be hunting? I ll be in Hocking and Athens for youth season and the first 7 days of regular season. Then I ll be back home in Mercer and Auglaize for the rest of the season.
As far as names go... I bet somebody else is better about comeing up with one of those. I m good with anything.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I will be hunting in Ashland, Holmes and Harrison County. As far as names? Hmm... How bout, Team Full Strut? :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds good we got that part covered now we just need to put some birds down....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
It was tough this morning. Only heard 3 sound off on the roost. I called in 8 hens but the boys shut up as soon as they hit the ground. I imagine the high winds and cool temps did not help much. I'll try again Wednesday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey fellow Ridge Runner team mates need some help here. Got a bird down and don't know were to submit pictures. From the looks of it I haven't seen any other teams submitting kills so we may ne first on board but not sure. Let me know guys, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Hey fellow Ridge Runner team mates need some help here. Got a bird down and don't know were to submit pictures. From the looks of it I haven't seen any other teams submitting kills so we may ne first on board but not sure. Let me know guys, thanks!

Follow the attached link. Everything related to the contest is in the Team Turkey contest sub forum under Ohio Turkey Hunting.

http://www.ohiosportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52622

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I called in 6 this morning and got messed up by deer with the first group then I got greedy with the second group trying to kill the biggest one but he hung up out at 45-50 yards. I am starting to get dialed in on them so Thursday might be the day!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I had 2 toms roosted this morning then they flew down and walked off. Called another Tom in and he hung up and would not cross a ditch. Then called another one in, he came in to 50 yards and strutted around then left after a few minutes. I'm a little frustrated!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I screwed up. I had 2 toms roosted and set up within 100 yards of them. At the time I thought it was 1 tom and a jake. They flew down and the dominant bird was 80 yards down the trail I set on and coming in. I heard the other walking and it came in to my right and at 15 yards I seen the longbeard. He was to close to try to swing on and there wasn't any big trees for him to walk behind so I could swing. Needless to say I tried my best to slowly swing but he busted me and took off and the other did as well. That's hunting I guess.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Still haven't put pics up or submitted bird yet. Waiting on a computer to use. Don't know how to do it on my phone. But anyways, the trick I used for my bird when he hung up was calling very aggressive and using a gobble call after each aggressive hen call sequence. It was amazing watching him and 2 other Jake's come running in to my pretty boy and hen decoy. Give it a try if more birds hang up on you it was like magic for me!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Thanks. I'll have to try that sometime. I can't gobble with my mouth call so I guess I need to pick up a gobble tube call. I'm heading back out this morning to try it again..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts