Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking in for Team 10. I hope this is the year I break out of my slump. My plans are to hunt primarily in Belmont and Portage counties. I will be out for youth season as well.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
checkin in! Im freakin pumped. My plan Is to hunt guernsey on some private then maybe salt fork. My first will be taken with my remington 870 20 guage and if I get a chance at a second one I will take it out with daimond compound bow.
Lets kick some a** boys!

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I'm here! I live on a farm in Ashtabula County. I hunt my place and a couple of my neighbors. Been hunting these magnificent birds since the late '90's. I am starting to see turkeys show up on my farm (they winter across the road most years) so that is getting me more excited. We saw a small group today while out working in the field. I am hoping I don't have a repeat of the tresspasser incident from last year. Buckhunter1 I think you mentioned before about us using the same gun (870 in 20 gauge). Mine is still down in Washington County as I let my niece use it this past deer season. Trying to figure out how I am going to get it back. LOL!

Sent from my Ally

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are all checked in. If you would like a team name let me know and I'll get it posted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm here! I live on a farm in Ashtabula County. I hunt my place and a couple of my neighbors. Been hunting these magnificent birds since the late '90's. I am starting to see turkeys show up on my farm (they winter across the road most years) so that is getting me more excited. We saw a small group today while out working in the field. I am hoping I don't have a repeat of the tresspasser incident from last year. Buckhunter1 I think you mentioned before about us using the same gun (870 in 20 gauge). Mine is still down in Washington County as I let my niece use it this past deer season. Trying to figure out how I am going to get it back. LOL!

Sent from my Ally
Do you got the same gun?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Do you got the same gun?

Yes I have an 870 20 gauge that I use with an extra full turkey choke and fiber optic sights. Not sure what I will use if I don't get it back in time for the opener. I have a TK2000 that I haven't shot in a couple years. That gun and I have a hate-love-hate relationship. I've shot a fall turkey using my rabbit gun with a full choke but don't trust it much past 20-25 yards. But that is ok with me because turkey hunting for me is about calling them in close. I guess I have a couple weeks to decide.

Sent from my Ally

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes I have an 870 20 gauge that I use with an extra full turkey choke and fiber optic sights. Not sure what I will use if I don't get it back in time for the opener. I have a TK2000 that I haven't shot in a couple years. That gun and I have a hate-love-hate relationship. I've shot a fall turkey using my rabbit gun with a full choke but don't trust it much past 20-25 yards. But that is ok with me because turkey hunting for me is about calling them in close. I guess I have a couple weeks to decide.

Sent from my Ally
I use a super full turkey choke with turkey loads. All cabelas brand. Also a red dot sight

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Nobody else is.throwin anything out there so heres a name
The Struttin' Mutts
its a start atleast

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Butterballs

Four Toms or Three Toms and a Hen (bluedog) lol.

Turkey Jerkey

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I'm good with anything. My favs so far are struttin' mutts (reminds me of Bill Murray's scene in Stripes, one of the best scenes in a comedy movie ever) or three toms and a hen (very appropriate LOL!). The others are good too. I'm just happy to be here and having fun so whatever you guys pick is good!

Sent from my Ally

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
We should vote on Struttin Mutts and Three Toms and a Hen.
My vote goes toward Struttin Mutts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
The Bill Murray "We are mutts" speech. Out of context if you haven't seen the movie, but remember "There is no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more lovable than the mutt". LOL!!!!!! Sorry, I just love this scene.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts