Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

Way to go steve! Looks like a nice one. Looking forward to the story.
I went to southeast ohio this morning and was surprised to see a little snow on the ground. I dropped down a steep hill and hunted a valley. The ground, leaves and snow was frozen and was extra crunchy. I got in my climber around 6:45. Around 9:45 I heard a loud crunching sound coming from the hill behind me. I turned to my left and saw a doe by herself coming down the hill toward me. With the loud crunching and snow on the ground she really stood out. She got on a trail and came about 8 yards from me. After verifying no buck was trailing her I took the shot. Hit her right where I wanted to. She ran about halfway back the hill and started walking. She got about 35 yards away and started staggering. She then fell forward and rolled down the hill. Took me about an hour to drag her up the hill I came down. Real big old nanny. I鈥檒l enter her tomorrow.

Registered
Way to go steve! Looks like a nice one. Looking forward to the story.
I went to southeast ohio this morning and was surprised to see a little snow on the ground. I dropped down a steep hill and hunted a valley. The ground, leaves and snow was frozen and was extra crunchy. I got in my climber around 6:45. Around 9:45 I heard a loud crunching sound coming from the hill behind me. I turned to my left and saw a doe by herself coming down the hill toward me. With the loud crunching and snow on the ground she really stood out. She got on a trail and came about 8 yards from me. After verifying no buck was trailing her I took the shot. Hit her right where I wanted to. She ran about halfway back the hill and started walking. She got about 35 yards away and started staggering. She then fell forward and rolled down the hill. Took me about an hour to drag her up the hill I came down. Real big old nanny. I鈥檒l enter her tomorrow.
Congratulations John! I better pick up the pace. Lol I will be out tomorrow morning and thanksgiving morning

Registered
The other guy that hunts where I do saw 4 doe this morning and a medium sized 8 pointer following them.
Definitely not giving up just yet and will probably hit some public area鈥檚 in the next week or so

I鈥檓 out hunting today thru Wednesday and then this weekend. One guy in our group got a nice doe this morning. I haven鈥檛 seen anything yet. Can鈥檛 beat this weather.

Reactions: steveOh

Congrats Mclays! I鈥檓 still at it. We just did a mini drive. Jumped up 4 does but no shots. My brother did take a doe this morning. Only deer I鈥檝e seen the last two days. Starting to get windy here

61 - 77 of 77 Posts