Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I will be out possibly tomorrow evening or definitely sometime Sunday trying to put a doe in my freezer. I’d like to get it done before it starts getting bitter cold.

·
2,115 Posts
Keep at it jim. Lot of season left yet. Reading other teams post doesn’t sound like a lot of them scored during gun season unless they’re sandbagging til the end. Lol.

Reactions: ObsessedJim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, was out Sunday of the extended gun weekend, had four at 20 yds, looked like a mother and three younger ones, so they got a pass. Looking for one of the older does I have on camera to wander by, but I guess they didn't get old by being stupid! Still plenty of time to let the air out of one, so patiently sitting and enjoying the calm/quiet of the woods!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Took down my tree stand yesterday because with all the leaves gone and the ground foliage gone, it stuck out like a sore thumb. I set up my ground blind and we’ll give it a week or so before Hunting. I also noticed a recent change that I was unaware of. It is my understanding that you can still harvest an antlerless deer on public land this year after gun season. But only 1 antlerless deer on public land, period. Is this correct? If so, I will be going to a public spot tomorrow

·
2,115 Posts
Yep on public land you can still shoot a doe after gun season IF you haven’t taken a doe on public land already. I got my doe in public property and I only hunt public so I’m done for the year. One year I’m going to wait and not take a doe early in the season just so I can muzzy hunt. Live to muzzy hunt.

Reactions: ObsessedJim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Supposed to be snow flying down here in southern Ohio this afternoon/evening! Going to give it a shot, as I enjoy sitting in the woods when they are turning white!!! If I see any of the larger does running around I might feel the need to try to let the air out of one! Good luck to anyone/everyone who might be getting out this evening.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, Sunday night missed a doe with the smoke pole, still not really sure how, but oh well. Was out Wednesday night with the bow, didn't see anything. Planning on getting out this evening and possibly tomorrow morning. Sunday will be interesting if we get or start getting snow!

121 - 140 of 169 Posts