Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
2,098 Posts
Only saw one doe yesterday and passed on her. While climbing a hill yesterday slipped and fell and messed my scope up so today I used my brothers muzzle loader. I should have shot it first. Missed three deer with it. One was a huge 10 pointer, maybe more. Pretty close to the same size I took last year. It was only 55 yards away. Pretty bummed out right now. But the good news is we have a 22 year old hunting with us and I sit him up in one of my lucky spots. Well a little bit ago he got a real nice 10 pointer. I was only about 150 yards away and i heard him shoot then shoot again. Then I heard a loud yell I got him. I went over to him and helped him gut it. We had to drag it about 1/2 mile then almost straight up a hill who’s elevation is 700’. By it was worth it to see how excited he was. Back at it again and all day tomorrow. Anyone else been out?

·
2,098 Posts
Alright team. Successful hunt today for me. I got an eleven pointer. I don’t have good coverage where we’re staying at so tomorrow I’ll post it. Taking forever to post a picture.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
ALRIGHT...I new you would get one this week!!! I can't wait for the pictures and story. CONGRATULATIONS!!!👍👍👍

·
2,098 Posts
Here’s my buck I took Wednesday. I was sitting on the edge of a huge rock overlooking a valley with a creek at the bottom. About 8:30 I heard something to my right and out of some pines a buck came out about 100 yards away. I want sure what direction he was going to go do I lined up a shot. I shot and missed. He took off and ran right towards me. I let him get about 25 yards away and made a noise. He stopped and looked around. I shot him in the neck and he dropped in his tracks. That’s when the fun started again. We had to drag him up the same hill we drug the 22 year olds deer on Monday.

·
2,098 Posts
We’ll gentlemen I’m done for the year. I washed and stored all my hunting clothes this weekend. Still a little perturbed about missing that huge buck on Tuesday during gun season but happy to take the buck i did. Looks like we ended up with two eights a ten and a twelve pointer on our bucks. I took a doe earlier this year and two deer is usually all I need for the year. So anyone still hunting good luck 👍.

Reactions: steveOh

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Howdy guys. I will be out this coming weekend trying to get a doe for the freezer. I’ve been a few times but I keep seeing nothing but bucks. Lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was out all last week, didn't pull the trigger on any does, had some opportunities, but none seemed very large. I will be out this weekend looking for a doe, as well as the rest of the season! One of my spots I have the same luck as Jim, bucks but no does!

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Chopig, congrats on your successful season. I have enough venison in the freezer for the year and do not plan on hunting for a doe for myself. If anyone needs any help to thin out any does I might consider to hunt somewhere for one and donate the meat. I plan on taking my Ravine Stand down soon and will not hunt there any more this season. I haven't gun hunted for 5 or 6 years, but might get the urge to get the TC muzzy out later in the year.

Congrats to all on their bucks...

Head Eye Natural material Bone Jaw

·
Registered
149 Posts
Has anyone been out since gun? I have been out a couple times, seen a few does, just none of the old nannies I have on camera though, so I have passed. I will be looking for a doe for the freezer, just in no rush to do so.

·
2,098 Posts
I am done for the year. I only have public land to hunt and I already shot a doe and buck so can’t shoot anymore on public land.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
My freezer is full with the buck I shot. I don't NEED another deer but if anyone needs help thinning out the does where they hunt let me know. I'll donate the deer if I bag one.

·
2,098 Posts
Anyone going out this weekend? As I posted earlier I’m done for the year 😞

101 - 120 of 152 Posts