Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I went to Public land yesterday and had a very nice buck 15 yards behind me over my left shoulder. I then had to does walk 10 yards beside me to my left and thought I was going to be able to get one with my compound but they both winded me and took off. I was in very thick stuff near a bottom and wind was swirling like always in bottoms. Lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yesterday evening I had a chance to get out, watched a young 8pt with his nose to the ground following a doe, both passed directly in front of my stand broadside within 15 yards, pretty cool listening to the young guy grunt while following. About 10 minutes later a large bodied 8pt came by along the same way the first two did. He paused at 17 yards presenting a nice shot, but my coverall sleeve got brushed by the strings and God only knows where my arrow went. Thinking I was done, he merely looked around, started following the path of the first two again, but made a fatal mistake by stopping about 35 yards out. Shot was right behind the shoulder, just above the heart. He mule-kicked then ran 75 yards running into a 3 strand barbed-wire fence, made it through and died within another 20 yards. Similar to Steve's story, I watched him for maybe 15 seconds as he ran toward me, then within a minute or so I actually shot twice and he was DOA shortly afterward.

·
2,076 Posts
Man you guys are really putting the pressure on me now. LOL. I'll be out again this Friday and Saturday. I've been seeing some bucks but nothing very big. Good job on all three of your bucks. Now you guys need to pop a few does and hopefully I can take a buck.

Reactions: steveOh

·
2,076 Posts
I just did a rough estimate on the team scores. Teams 1,4 and 5 all have three bucks. We are in the lead 48 points, team 4 has 43 and team 5 has 34. I didn't count the youth hunts just what people posted on the scoreboard.
I will Steve. LOL. Lot of season left, that's as long as we don't get ice for fishing. LOL.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Man you guys are really putting the pressure on me now. LOL. I'll be out again this Friday and Saturday. I've been seeing some bucks but nothing very big. Good job on all three of your bucks. Now you guys need to pop a few does and hopefully I can take a buck.
Lol Just enjoy, it’ll happen! I’m going to definitely try to add a doe to my freezer

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Right now I don't plan on getting a doe since I lost the property that I usually shoot one. So chopig you better shoot a 24 pointer. LOL
Right now I don't plan on getting a doe since I lost the property that I usually shoot one. So chopig you better shoot a 24 pointer. LOL
I know a good public place not too far from you if you’d like to go sometime Steve

·
2,076 Posts
Headed out tomorrow for an all day sit. Public property. Haven't been seeing a lot of deer recently especially any shooter bucks but can't kill them sitting on the couch. Won't be able to hunt Saturday or Sunday, then I probably won't be able to get out again until shotgun season. At least I'm off all week of shotgun season. Good luck on your doe endeavors!

Reactions: ObsessedJim

·
2,076 Posts
Well thanksgiving over so time to start concentrating on gun season. Leaving Sunday for my 4 day deer camp. Good luck to everyone heading out. Go pop some does.

Reactions: BuckeyeAGM
81 - 100 of 111 Posts