Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got my cameras working, some big nanny does walking around and smaller bucks. Don't have any bait piles, only have my cameras sitting on fenceposts over hayfields and in oak trees that are dropping acorns. Figure the girls will bring the boys as we move into the fall!

·
2,047 Posts
Anyone been out yet? Steve you find any new properties to hunt? I think I'm hunting Saturday morning while its still a little cool. Don't want to shoot a deer in the afternoon and its 80 degrees. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Was out Monday evening, saw a couple younger bucks, 6pt & 8pt, several does, couple with youngn's in tow, nothing close. Landowner called me at 7:15 indicated he had hit one with his crossbow, so I go to assist the search. Says hit was high, deer ran off with arrow sticking out, sounded like above the shoulder, below the spine/aorta. I found some really dark muscle looking blood coming out of opposite side of the side he hit. Lost blood after 1.5 hours, went back to look Tuesday, small amount of rain received washed everything clean. Looked for another two hours finding nothing in darn near 80 degree sunshine. My guess is deer has a sore shoulder, possible limp, I'll see him later in the season. As usual I keep an ear out for coyotes or my nose will tell me something died in the area. It happens, sucks, but it happens. I won't get out again until next week, too many commitments. Good luck if anyone gets out this weekend!

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Looks like it is going to get down into the 40's Saturday night. I am going to try to get out Sunday morning depending on the wind direction. Good Luck All...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Howdy! I’ve been out a couple times but haven’t seen anything other than does. Leaving for Florida Saturday so I won’t be Hunting until late October. Going to Tar Hollow weekend of October 29th. I also have the week of November 8 off.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts