1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's your page!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I’m here. Look forward to another fun season with you guys!!

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Good luck to all my teammates. I'll be hunting the same two small properties again this year. When the weather cools down I'll get my stands up...

·
2,047 Posts
I got drawn to hunt the same woods I shot my buck last year. Last week Oct and first week in Nov. Hoping I have the same luck this year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went 0-fer in the 3 or 4 drawings I entered. Last year was drawn for Lake Katherine in Jackson Co but only got out once or twice in my allotted time as it was during the rut and I was already chasing some known deer...oh well.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I’ve got a few nice ones in Camera, but they have left the yellow soybean field the last couple weeks. Unfortunately there are no acorns on the property. They always return during the rut though. Nothing giant but that’s OK
Photograph Light Black Output device Wood
Plant Plant community Grass Shrub Groundcover
Plant Purple Output device Grass Flower

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The buck in the first pic looks pretty good Jim....Good Luck
Thank you. Not sure why it put so many of the same pic on here. Pretty sure the buck that is laying in the beans is the same buck as the first pick in the dark. The pics were about 4 weeks apart.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, I go to check my cameras which have been out for the last three weeks...both dead. Somehow the new battery stash at my house was mixed in with the depleted batteries...dang. One lasted three days, the other less than two. Time to test everything and get rid of the dead!

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
I had my camera out the past month on our garden to see what critters where eating our crops(Dam Possums!). It was working fine then it just quit. Checked the lithium batteries and 4 of the 6 were dead. I am assuming that certain positions/slots in the battery holder suck up more juice. Anyway hoping to get sands and camera up soon...

·
2,047 Posts
I didn't get to hunt opening weekend. Spent it at Put in bay for wedding anniversary. Next weekend I have a crappie tournament at Delaware but after that I should be able to hunt every weekend. Good luck to anyone getting out before that.

Reactions: steveOh

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was also unable to get out, and wow was the weather nice, sad I missed out. Might get out later this week, but more than likely not until next week due to work responsibilities.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Just found out that the land owner is not permitting any hunting this year where I have my Fenceline stand. He did not give a reason why and I didn't ask. I just thank him and wished him well. It was a good spot for an October doe and the occasional buck. That leaves me with only one other spot to hunt, the Ravine stand.

I normally do not hunt the R-stand until very late October or sooner if I have taken a buck off the Fenceline stand property. The R-stand is more of a rut stand where I catch bucks cruising the hillside searching for does. I don't like hunting it very often in fear of burning out the stand before the rut. Looks like I will not get out on a stand until around Halloween!!!! That is unless I come up with another property to hunt....

·
2,047 Posts
Steve, that sucks. So you had to pull all your stands at the fence property? I remember you always had some good pictures from there. I'm perch fishing at Erie this weekend then I'll start deer hunting. Good luck guys!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts