Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Started at my honey hole this morning that I’ve never been skunked at. One gobbling like crazy on the roost, flies down answers my first few series of calls and was even gobbling in between my calling two or three times. Would not come in!! Eventually walked off the other direction. These turkeys this season have gone mad. Frustrating!

Reactions: Huntmadd

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
More of the same today. Just got home. Maybe I’ll start fishing. So depressing

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
I’ve tried every trick in the book. They just seem uninterested. Strange year.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Between the weather and the lack of responding gobblers I’m holding out hope I can put one on the ground. Maybe thurs morning if it’s not raining.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Went out this morning and had the most gobbling I’ve heard all season so far. Had one gobbler coming on a string but he was on another property across a county road. Would not come across the road and I will not trespass for any reason. 4 that came off the roost this morning had hens with them still and only one lonely hen came into the decoys.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It’s personal now. I canceled my trip to South Dakota because I thought this week would be when the gobblers flipped the switch! I’m sitting in a very quiet woods right now. I’ve been mobbed by Jakes. I passed a shot Monday because I couldn’t see a beard and he never fanned out. Only time my safety has been off in 3 weeks. I’m going to hit it hard the last week. I’ve not been this beaten in Ohio in 25 years.

·
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I feel your pain!!

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
It has been at least 20 years since I’ve been shut out in Ohio myself.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts