Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My boy has had teachers start praising Obama at school, yet he has not spoken up and said anything. I showed him this and told him, if it happens again, stand up for your beliefs like this kid. School should not be a place where kids are falsely indoctrinated in politics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ggesting-student-could-be-arrested-for-obama/

A North Carolina high school teacher reportedly has been suspended with pay after she was captured on video shouting at a student who questioned President Obama and suggesting he could be arrested for criticizing a sitting president.

The argument started when the classroom began discussing news reports that Mitt Romney bullied a fellow student when he was in high school. At the time, The Washington Post had recently published a lengthy article alleging that Romney, as a teenager, had cut off another student's hair.

"Didn't Obama bully somebody though?" a student in the North Carolina classroom asked when the report was brought up, referring to an incident Obama described in his memoir "Dreams From My Father." In the book, Obama wrote that, as a child, he once pushed a female classmate after other students taunted them -- the only two black students in their grade -- and called Obama her boyfriend.

The teacher, in the video, said she didn't know whether Obama bullied anyone -- but the argument quickly escalated, as the teacher yelled at the student, telling him "there is no comparison."

"He's running for president," she said of Romney. "Obama is the president."

·
Banned
624 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why a lot of the weirdness surrounding this election cycle seems to come out of North Carolina?

Is there something in their water?

BTW: the teacher is an idiot. The kids were right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts