Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our way to lake Michigan ...going up 30 west ...in hancock county Ohio ...been thru licking, knox...richland ...wyondat ...all the corn looks good and tall...thats my rep:Dort ...

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard a 40# bag will double in price ..
I love it heh heh heh ...:bouncy:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're in much.now.corn very consistent in height to what is in ohio and indiana ...we're at lake Michigan now ...trip complete ...:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
We're in much.now.corn very consistent in height to what is in ohio and indiana ...we're at lake Michigan now ...trip complete ...:coolgleamA:
ain't ya come'n back :confused::rolleyes::whistle::mischeif:

·
22,521 Posts
You can have tall stalks and not much grain.
Yep- Sam knows this is true.... pull over and shuck a few ears and see what you have..won't be much:16suspect1: ;)

Coonie, I believe this means you have to post in the Michigan forum for the duration of your trip.;)
X2!!!!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll just ask my cousin ...he wont try to pull anything ...I'll get the real deal from h:Dim ...

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I love it heh heh heh ...:bouncy:[/QU When you see how the price goes up on everything thats made from corn you won't be laughing very long.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I love it heh heh heh ...:bouncy:[/QU When you see how the price goes up on everything thats made from corn you won't be laughing very long.
Indeed!!!! Take a typical fast food meal. Corn is the sweetener in the soda. It's in the corn-fed beef Big Mac patty, and in the high-fructose syrup in the bun, and in the secret sauce. Slim Jims are full of corn syrup, dextrose, cornstarch, and a great many additives. The "four different fuels" in a Lunchables meal, are all essentially corn-based. The chicken nugget-including feed for the chicken, fillers, binders, coating, and dipping sauce-is all corn. The french fries are made from potatoes, but odds are they're fried in corn oil, the source of 50 percent of their calories. Even the salads at McDonald's are full of high-fructose corn syrup and thickeners made from corn.Bye bye dollar menu.....The list goes on and on.....

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hehh...it's just a conspiracy to Jack up prices ...it either rains too much or not enough...orange growers do this too...:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Yeah. The fact that we are at least 8 inches below in rainfall in this region, and worse that in a lot of places, is all part of the conspiracy too.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts