Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into the woods a little late this morning (0530). Went up in top of a ridge to listen to where the birds were gobbling. About 0550 I heard a couple birds gobbling. I worked my way out across the ridge to get a little closer. I finally moved into about 100 yards from where they were at. About 0615 I made a few light calls and purrs. Within 10 minutes I had 5 jakes come by and they got a pass. 5 minutes later I hear a gobbler working his way towards me gobbling looking for a decoy or hen that wasnt there. About 0630 I finally see him at about 25 yards and the game was over. He ended up weighing 20lbs, 8.5" thick beard, with 1" spurs. Bring on the PA season. LOL. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm done in Ohio too, yesterday 17lb 6" beard 3/4 hooks in carroll county. Today at lol 11:55 lol 23lbs 11 " beard 1 1/2 hooks.. Lol should have the contest .. I'll see ya in pa on Saturday

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
28 Posts
I shot the smaller bird on my uncles farm and the big bird in good old Wayne national forest state game lands.. Set up on a friends lease and not a single sound so we moved at 9 grabbed some grub and drove to a random parking spot .. 10:30 ish and walked him in from WAY out... Could barely hear him gobble at first.... Didn't think he would make in on time .. So I started that squeal with my slate and he ran to me lol shot him running right at lol .. I'm going to Washington county .. This season has been awesome .. Better then I could have imagined. Lots of practicing and an understanding wife lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tagged out too. It was over too quick. I have a PA tag that I never planned on using but now that I'm tagged out I don't know what to do for the next month. Guess I will try to fill the PA tag after all. Nice job and good luck in PA.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Lots of birds going down on this forum this first week of season. Congratulations! Sounds like a very exciting morning you had! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts