Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a long time customer of the tactacams I am now looking for a better economical system as they have changed some of their features I liked that came with the service, now disguised under a renamed chargeable feature
I can see where they are headed, when they get too big they fall, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere as they’re are a lot of better options now, I do hope that they will see the affect they are going to have on their own business.

· Registered
2,206 Posts
So tell everyone your findings maybe prevent someone from buying one of the best in the business year after year . What seems too be their issues you have found. Is it produced poorly is it not up too your standards in another way please share for everyone too read

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So tell everyone your findings maybe prevent someone from buying one of the best in the business year after year . What seems too be their issues you have found. Is it produced poorly is it not up too your standards in another way please share for everyone too read
They had a good user friendly feature in their app to de-activate and re-activate your cameras suspending your usage until reactivating, once people got used to it they then changed it to a chargeable new feature, don’t get me wrong I like the cameras their selves, but I don’t care for the way it was done, now with so many new cameras and options out there I just don’t find them of the same value, i have duffle bags full of them but I’m moving on to other cameras that will continue to be fair to their customers.
Just my observation and experience with them.

· Registered
1,647 Posts
I deactivated my tactacams a couple weeks ago .
I did the same with my remaining spy points
I do t think I got charged but I'll hafta watch my monthly statement and make sure they aren't trying to sneak so mething by me .

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I deactivated my tactacams a couple weeks ago .
I did the same with my remaining spy points
I do t think I got charged but I'll hafta watch my monthly statement and make sure they aren't trying to sneak so mething by me .
You now lose all your remaining monthly balance when you cancel (they call it) before you kept the unused balance that was credited upon re-activation
Then called activation—deactivation then, there may be other changes I haven’t noticed yet

· Registered
949 Posts
This is interesting. Stealth Cams still have the option to "suspend" - but you are billed for the upcoming month on the billing date. If the camera is suspended you are not billed.

There have been issues with SC firmware and other issues. All of the "haters" on Facebook, just say "throw them in the trash and get a Tactacam".

I was looking to add a Tactacam next year for comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts