Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tore my rotator cuff in March and after surgery and rehab it is still very weak. I am now contemplating switching from my Parker compound bow to a crossbow. I know I can draw the crossbow and should be pretty steady with the left arm supporting it in a bent position. I just don't think I can hold my compound like i need to. I had trouble holding my arm out to get change at Wendy's... UGH!
So, is there anything I should know about changing from a bow to a crossbow?
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
It sounds like your left shoulder is the problem. "Wendy's change at the drive thru window". So you would have to support the crossbow with your left arm. Ten Point Crossbow has a support that may be able to help you. It's called the Steady Eddie. I have one and it works pretty good. I adjust it so it supports the bow at my belt line area. Between the bow being supported from your waste line and pulling the trigger with your right hand, you should be good to go.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like your left shoulder is the problem. "Wendy's change at the drive thru window". So you would have to support the crossbow with your left arm. Ten Point Crossbow has a support that may be able to help you. It's called the Steady Eddie. I have one and it works pretty good. I adjust it so it supports the bow at my belt line area. Between the bow being supported from your waste line and pulling the trigger with your right hand, you should be good to go.

RGJZ06
Thanks RGJ.
Yeah it is my left shoulder. I can see holding the crossbow or muzzleloader since my arm will be bent and my elbo closer to my body. I just am worried when the arm is straight out. I will definitely check into the Steady Eddie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts