Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I'll stick with Rage 2 blades. Lot of people complain about them but I have had tremendous success with them.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Banned
955 Posts
I'll stick with Rage 2 blades. Lot of people complain about them but I have had tremendous success with them.
A lot of people love the rage.....I shoot a crossbow and a lot of those mechanicals will open up in flight due to the high velocity. Just something about that rubber band on the rage that scares me. NAP came out with a mechanical like the rage that has no rubber band. It uses a ball bearing system to hold the blands in until contact. Of course, it says right on the box "not for use in crossbow." I'll stick my 100gr slick tricks for now. They give me decent groups.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I use the NAP Spitfire and Spitfire MAX for my crossbow. 330 ft/second. I've shot numerous practice shots and several deer. No problems.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
A lot of people love the rage.....I shoot a crossbow and a lot of those mechanicals will open up in flight due to the high velocity. Just something about that rubber band on the rage that scares me. NAP came out with a mechanical like the rage that has no rubber band. It uses a ball bearing system to hold the blands in until contact. Of course, it says right on the box "not for use in crossbow." I'll stick my 100gr slick tricks for now. They give me decent groups.[/QU Rage.... Seems either people love em or hate em. At the high speeds and poundage of a crossbow, I can't say what they'd do. They had a head out last year for crossbows. Didnt see any design difference just a smaller cut diameter. Never heard much feedback on them.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I'll stick with a fixed blade broadhead. Even if I was hunting a 55 gal drum. If you dont get an exit then your not going to get as good a blood trail with a broadhead that does'nt open tell it's inside.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I'll stick with a fixed blade broadhead. Even if I was hunting a 55 gal drum. If you dont get an exit then your not going to get as good a blood trail with a broadhead that does'nt open tell it's inside.[/QU Contrary to what some say, every deer I've shot has been a pass through. Every time the broadhead has deployed and cut a massive entry and exit hole with a blood trail a 5 year old could follow and I have yet to have a deer go more than 80 to 100 yards.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
My reply was about the swacker not the rage. And I'm glad they work well for ya. I have shot a few deer with fixed blade broadheads that didnt passthrough. I still had good blood on all but one that was hit a bit high. I seen the buck go down but never found any blood.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The swhacker has cutting blades the cut on impact then deploys the blades out for maximum damage inside without wasting a lot of energy. To each there own. No debates needed. I just posted a great deal at $34.95 for 6 awesome broadheads.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
That is a good price for 6 broadheads, And alot of people really like them.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes sir guys. I ordered 2 packs and got two packs free. I ordered the 2" and the 2.25". I've read a lot of great things and seen for myself what they can do. I've been a rage fan since they first came out and have had zero issues with the rage but there is flaws with them I could do without when the deer of a lifetime is at 20yds. If the swhackers are what they appear to be and more, we all have a lot of success our way. If we can make the shots. Lol. Good luck guys on whatever broadheads you shoot for this upcoming season

1 - 12 of 12 Posts