Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
22,524 Posts
I watched this last night- incredible they walked away-

The four survivors of a plane crash in central Idaho can prove just how close they came to death on June 30, with a seven-minute video documenting their harrowing experience, including the bloody aftermath.

The video, which has gone viral online, was captured by two cameras, and posted weeks after the ordeal so the men's friends and family could see what happened.

One passenger, Nathan Williams, 38, told The Associated Press on Thursday that he and his friends are "just four guys who are lucky to be alive."

The dramatic footage shows the plane taking off from a dirt runway in the Bear Valley area, where the men had spent the day hiking in the wilderness. Williams said they were headed to McCall for dinner.

About 2 minutes and 40 seconds into the video, the plane begins to lower and then crashes into trees. As the shot becomes blocked by the wreckage, a man is heard asking, "Everybody OK?"

"Within five seconds we're on the ground, upside down, hanging from our seat belts," passenger Tol Gropp, the pilot's son, said.

He and another passenger, Alec Arhets, escaped with cuts and bruises. Williams suffered a concussion, while the pilot, Les Gropp, 70, had a broken jaw, broken ribs and a fractured cheekbone

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...rs-film-their-own-near-death-plane-crash?lite

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Lucky to survive.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
That's what happens when your over gross and fly in with a high DA into rising terrain.. I bet he didn't do a W/B. dumbass fixed wing pilot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
624 Posts
That's what happens when your over gross and fly in with a high DA into rising terrain.. I bet he didn't do a W/B. dumbass fixed wing pilot.
Now now... just because he couldn't beat the air into submission like rotory wing pilots do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts