Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Wildlife Habitat
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been doing any glassing? Buck crops looking mighty fine in all the areas I hunt. I hunt fairly broken landscape and find them in beans, early successional growth or hay fields .5-2 miles from where I hunt them in the fall. The number of mature bucks is way up where I frequent. How are things looking in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
151 Posts
So far so good. About the same as last year. We have had a regular group of about 12 through the day at the camp site for the past couple of years. A few large does, a few one year olds, a handful of 2-3 year olds and their fawns. That number might be down by 2 or 3 this year. But it is hard to tell because we are just now starting to see the fawns. This group is semi-tame and a couple are a lot more tame than the rest. For some reason, I can't bring myself to shoot them. There are never any mature bucks at the camp site - they stay back in the woods. I need to get my cameras back up to see. Those guys are on the menu if I get lucky.

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
I’ve got some really good ones on my cameras so far this summer. Good number of does too. Should be a great season. Be here before you know it!

Reactions: jethro

·
Registered
151 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts