Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body doin any good in this heat? Seems like water most places is super low. Makes for some pretty good troller prop graves. Any body got any cool pics or pics of good fish? Maybe some pics of your rig? Lets get this goin... I wanna talk some Ohio bowfishin!

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I am heading out to Hoover Res. here in a bit and hitting Alum Creek lake tomorrow. But if Hoover is the ticket it will be a two night hunt.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
On my way to Louisville KY right now...searchin for bigheads!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clarence- we headed up to hoover just to look around after having to go to alum to register te new boat. Saw a some good fish workin the cove just south of Oxbow. I still need to get out there! Are you gonna be out tonight? I reckon we'll be shooting alum

Joe- are you headed down with brent? He asked me to go but im doin some dives with my scuba instructor today so i couldnt go :irked:

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
We hit hoover and my trolling motor took a dump. But there was lots of nice fish there.

I had friends on Alum last night, did you see them?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We hit hoover and my trolling motor took a dump. But there was lots of nice fish there.

I had friends on Alum last night, did you see them?
Didnt make it out Friday. We hit the far north end around Howard last night and saw someone else up there. It was the first time we've shot that far up but fishermen always tell us to try it so we thought what the heck.... i think i'll stick with the south end

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
We only shot one asian on Friday, but we got a bunch of shortnose gar and buffs, four grassies. That was down on the Ohio in KY.

Last night we shot outside of Marietta on the Ohio. We shot alot of commons, redhorse, buffs and longnose.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Good shot!! Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
You did fine. Seems the best place in in the meat of the back.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
x2! That shot is perfect, especially this time of the year when their bellies get soft
X3

I have lost about 70-100 fish in the last week and a half from soft belly shots.

Oh well! Gonna try to fill a barrel at Ceasers one night during the week...anyone want to tag along?!?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Plenty. I have to work the next morning, so we could meet early eveing and shoot for a few hours after dark.

What night is best for you guys? I've got some company coming in from out of town this weekend, otherwise I would just wait till Friday or Saturday and hit the river. Next weekend will be the river!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts