Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That’s a really cool series of photos! Unfortunate, but neat!

I went hunting with a friend the other night. Well, a few weeks ago.. while the soybeans were <12” tall. We killed three! I operated the call and Jeff was the shooter. The first hunt, we called in a double, shot one. A few miles down the road, we called in a triple!! Shot two. Fawn-in-distress was the golden ticket for both farms we hunted. And man oh man, I could on and on about night vision optics!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my first picture of a Bobcat around 2019, on occasion I'd get a Coyote here and there. Now it's a regular occurrence to get Bobcats and 4 or 5 Coyotes in a pack. I probably have a least 20 trail cam pics of Bobcats in the last 12 months most during daylight too. I heard that DNR was looking into Bobcat populations but haven't heard anything lately. Does anyone know the status of Bobcat surveys and where it stands? I can say without a doubt they aren't endangered anymore!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s a really cool series of photos! Unfortunate, but neat!

I went hunting with a friend the other night. Well, a few weeks ago.. while the soybeans were <12” tall. We killed three! I operated the call and Jeff was the shooter. The first hunt, we called in a double, shot one. A few miles down the road, we called in a triple!! Shot two. Fawn-in-distress was the golden ticket for both farms we hunted. And man oh man, I could on and on about night vision optics!!
I'd love to hear anything you can share about night optics, It's on my must do list to kill some Coyotes. It's high time I get in the game on taking some action on Coyotes. I have a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor that should work really nicely on a coyote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts