Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another week or so and we should be able finally start finding a little more open water on the streams and should be really rocking and rollin in two! I NEED TO FISH!!!

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe not....

I drove past Daniels Park on the Chargrin today and it was UGLY. The entire river was one big ice jam. The river/ice is so high that there is not even a ripple in the ice where the dam is, it's at least 5-6' higher than normal. Even once it melts it will be at least a week before you will be able to get near fishable levels. So much for getting out next week...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I lost one the other day on the Huron here in Michigan. A beautiful chrome female that would have provided enough eggs for the entire spring. Damn! That's how it goes sometimes though.

We still have some frozen parts but it won't be long. Supposed to warm up soon and they should be in. It felt good to get out again though.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Scott,
You think it will fish flies this weekend?I would like to get out and give it a shot if so.How about ice jamms?down low?
thanks
jeff

·
Registered
905 Posts
heres what i saw: drove down mastick hill and went north some of the ways i tell when the river is good is i look to see how much of the island under the mastick bridge is exposed, it was all exposed, no ice , then i saw 4 -5 trucks at the blue bank pool, second thing i look for is how much of that big rock under the little met bridge is exposed, it was all exposed , after i saw that i saw enough and im heading down tomorrow a.m. the water was lightly stained and clearing fast, should fish tomorrow and be great for the weekend.i would imagine that there is still some ice jams but it should be open from rockcliff on to berea. ill be home by noon and ill post my results.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn Shoeman, I thought I could hide down here in Ohio from you. Too funny man.:D

Now all these Ohio fellas are gonna want me to come fishing with them just to give them a good laugh.:eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
forget about it!! went down to the rock and slush was everywere!! vis. 6 in. some of the fords are fishable, but i wouldent wast my time . spring will be here soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks

Nitro and I have been ice fishing also but I think we need to make the switch to bigger and better, thanks for your help.:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
with todays rain(i forgot) its blown out the streem gauge says all the rivers are really flowing:( get out on erie i have been catching walleyes that are as big if not bigger then steelhead. they just dont fight as good:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts