Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call last nite from a family friend and Farmer, i frequently hunt his property for deer. Anyhow it seems that one person he has given permission to duck and goose hunt has been running a guide service and charging people to hunt on his properties he owns along with farms he does not own but leases for farming purposes.
I told him he should contact the GW for Franklin Co. At this time he is wanting to talk with this individual. I just cant believe someone would have the stones to do this!
thanks for reading had to vent

·
22,521 Posts
It happens more then you can imagine-

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Believe it.

How can someone do such a thing and expect not to get caught? It's
way beyond me.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i've already run into this lil scam...i need to get back down and make sure the lil puke ain back and tryin settin up his management again...:nono:yes he's a city slicker praying on the country bumpkins...:nono:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
wow what a shame! I hope someone whoops this guys ass!

I tell you what I talked to a guy today who knows a guy who used to be a poacher. He went to jail for it, and just got out, he openly told my friend that he used to kill 30 deer a night, and he had a ton of customers who would pay him 50 dollars a deer if it was unprocessed, and 100 dollars a deer if it is processed. He said he would use a 22 short, and shoot the deer in the head. People have balls of steel, and it can make a man sick over it!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
wow what a shame! I hope someone whoops this guys ass!

I tell you what I talked to a guy today who knows a guy who used to be a poacher. He went to jail for it, and just got out, he openly told my friend that he used to kill 30 deer a night, and he had a ton of customers who would pay him 50 dollars a deer if it was unprocessed, and 100 dollars a deer if it is processed. He said he would use a 22 short, and shoot the deer in the head. People have balls of steel, and it can make a man sick over it!
you know his name...i might know him...:biggrin:(dont put it on here)...

·
Registered
679 Posts
i've already run into this lil scam...i need to get back down and make sure the lil puke ain back and tryin settin up his management again...:nono:yes he's a city slicker praying on the country bumpkins...:nono:
****. I've read most of your posts since I've been a member. Based on that, I respect your thoughts, and it seems many others do as well. And it's very cool how inclusive you are to those looking to hunt in Ohio. But easy on the 'city slicker' thing. While it may be a convenient label, it might not be a fair one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
****. I've read most of your posts since I've been a member. Based on that, I respect your thoughts, and it seems many others do as well. And it's very cool how inclusive you are to those looking to hunt in Ohio. But easy on the 'city slicker' thing. While it may be a convenient label, it might not be a fair one.

dont take it personal...i lay on the hillbillys too...i'm sorta both and most i know including me care less about the label...:biggrin:

·
Registered
679 Posts
dont take it personal...i lay on the hillbillys too...i'm sorta both and most i know including me care less about the label...:biggrin:
Being from both 'sides' myself, I understand the 'spread it equally; therefore, no harm "intended"' mindset. But again, being from both sides, I also know that is most often a bogus justification we offer to ourselves.

However, whatever our background, an a$$ is an a$$. Right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts