Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st I want to appologize for not posting about Ohio.:eek: I am heading to Canada (Ontario), and need suggestions for lures for smallmouths.:confused: I went last summer and a friend did pretty well with just 3" twisty tail jigs. Thank you. :D

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
No apology necessary. I love the out of state (country) trips and stories. Be sure to take lots of pics and prepare a 3-4 page report.:bouncy:

When I fish spinning gear for smallies, I usually use swimbaits. 3" is a good size. I also like to use some surface stuff before dark. My buddy likes the rubber crayfish rigged like a texas style worm. Throw in some tube jigs and I think you're set. :idea: Maybe a big spinner or two for pike...... Good luck!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
1st I want to appologize for not posting about Ohio.:eek: I am heading to Canada (Ontario), and need suggestions for lures for smallmouths.:confused: I went last summer and a friend did pretty well with just 3" twisty tail jigs. Thank you. :D
Just got back from canada on a fishin trip. Killed smallmouth ok n wacky rigged senkos. What lake are you goin to?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Been catching some smallmouth in the Tuscarawas river using the new Ragetail grub from Strike King.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Did ya go yet?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
first i'd start with a 3.5" tube on a weedless rig with a 1/8oz bullet sinker.. thats what i do my best on.. senko's are great too.. i've been doing good on the black/blue senko.. i usually fish those weightless.. don't forget about spinnerbaits! and finally, my favorite.. heddon zara spook.. once you catch the hang of this topwater lure.. you'll love it! good luck up there!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
first i'd start with a 3.5" tube on a weedless rig with a 1/8oz bullet sinker.. thats what i do my best on.. senko's are great too.. i've been doing good on the black/blue senko.. i usually fish those weightless.. don't forget about spinnerbaits! and finally, my favorite.. heddon zara spook.. once you catch the hang of this topwater lure.. you'll love it! good luck up there!
I like green pumpkin with red flake senkos. I also fish em weightless, if you weight them you aint got the same action as it falls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts